Technical Support Technologist
At Christie, we give bright minds the tools to be truly creative and innovative. The results can be amazing!
We keep raising the bar by consistently setting the standards and being first to market with some of the world’s most advanced projectors and complete system displays. Christie is recognized as one of the most innovative visual technology companies in the world and offers careers that allow you to exceed your potential and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry.
As part of the Technical Service group, you will be responsible to provide technical telephone support and process service repair orders and repair of Christie products. In addition, you will be responsible for technical support of specialized internal applications, inventory management, software distribution/upgrade, and supporting administrative tasks.
• Electronics Engineering Technologist diploma
• Experience in a Technical Call Center (2 years)
• AV integration knowledge (1 year)
• 2-5 years hands on electronic repair experience preferred
• Experience with LCD and/or DLP technology preferred
• Experience with test generators and other related electrical/video test and calibration equipment
• Demonstrated experience with closed loop corrective action and process improvement techniques
• Excellent technical problem solving, troubleshooting and follow up skills
• Experience with multimedia equipment installation and service, PC Application/Software installation and configuration
• Strong working knowledge of basic MS Office, PowerPoint
• Strong knowledge of network environment
• Ability to lift heavy equipment
• Ability to distinguish different colours
• May be required to provide 24/7 telephone support of customers when necessary
• Ability to work on multiple, complex tasks with little or no direct supervision
• Excellent organization skills and a result oriented approach
• Strong oral and written communication
• Ability to work in a high pace and demanding environment
• Excellent work ethic and self-starter
• Provide technical support via phone, email and web submissions to Christie Digital customers and other Christie personnel
• Maintain accurate documentation pertaining to all tasks performed in accordance with written policies and procedures
• Develop and maintain good customer relationships
• Assist the repair team as needed
• Repair damaged and/or defective Christie products in accordance with written policies and procedures
• Provide service feedback to the marketing, engineering and production departments
• Interact with various department to gather information needed to support our customers
• Maintain the Technical Support Wiki knowledge base
• Compile statistical data to effectively evaluate, service and repair equipment
• Assist in off-site technical support functions to include trade show setup and field repair of units
Christie is an equal opportunity employer that does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion, gender identity, gender expression, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability.
Christie is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We will endeavor to accommodate the needs of qualified applicants in all parts of the hiring process.
All offers of employment at Christie are conditional upon the successful completion of a background screening. Christie engages a third party vendor to complete all background screening. Your consent is required prior to the process beginning.