At Nicoya, we’re dedicated to providing researchers, world-wide, with access to the tools they need to make their next big discovery. Our company produces innovative scientific instruments used by researchers to understand interactions at the molecular level. The data and results from our instruments are used to understand diseases, and develop new drugs to treat them!
We are a rapidly growing small business and are looking for talented individuals to help accomplish our mission. If you’re looking to join a team that is making a positive impact on the world, and are excited to take this business to its next level then please apply - we’d love to meet you!
About the Job:
Do you get excited about planning and running amazing events and creating a workplace workplace fit for an enthusiastic, bold, and hard-working team? This is the role for you! Nicoya is looking for someone that can support and run logistics for internal events and customer-facing conferences while supporting a strong, productive, and efficient workspace and office culture. This isn’t your traditional marketing or operations position. You’ll have the opportunity to support the entire business and be able to influence the culture of the company. We’re looking for someone that loves creating and building a great place to work, planning events, and doing whatever necessary to bring the business to the next level.
What You’ll Do:
As our Events and Operations Coordinator, you will have two areas of duties:
- Maintain an organized tracking system for marketing inventory
- Coordinate event logistics for trade shows, recruitment, industry and internal events. Every year, we exhibit at more than 10 different trade shows with over 20,000 attendees! You will coordinate the event process from idea to completion, including using a given budget to creatively drive booth traffic and increase our company's brand awareness at events. (including digital/print advertisements, swag, and interactive booth activities)
- Measure and report performance of projects to implement data-driven improvements. This includes evaluating the success of past events and implementing new ideas to improve future events.
- Represent our brand identity while communicating with various businesses, suppliers and event planners
- Build and manage the company’s social media profiles and presence (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Source, design, and purchase all company swag both for customers and community member or potential job seekers
Culture and Recruitment:
- Create amazing internal events to support our company culture and keep spirits high!
- Own celebrating team birthdays, holidays, and work anniversaries
- Develop and maintain on Nicoya’s recruitment and community strategies
- Attend and work with local community event organizers to continue to raise Nicoya’s profile in the area
- Plan and execute Nicoya’s recruitment events including visiting job fairs and community events to raise our profile
- Help with onboarding of new employees including purchasing equipment, setting up desks, and making their first day at the office special
If we've described you, we'd love to hear from you! Please apply directly to the attention of Tina Nguyen.