At Nicoya, our mission is to improve human life by enabling deeper knowledge of the biological world. Many of us have been impacted by horrible diseases like cancer and Alzheimer's. Currently, there are millions of scientists around the world working relentlessly to better understand these diseases - and we are here to help them.
Nicoya uses innovative nanotechnology to reduce the cost and complexity of scientific instruments, making them accessible to everyone. By using highly sensitive biosensors, our instruments allow scientists to better understand diseases at the molecular level and develop new drugs to treat them. Giving more people access to these powerful tools will help accelerate new discoveries and help improve human life.
About the Job:
Do you get excited about shaping a workplace fit for an enthusiastic, bold, and hard-working team? This is the role for you! Nicoya is looking for someone that can support and create a strong, productive, and efficient workspace. This isn’t your traditional office position. You’ll have the opportunity to support the entire business and be able to influence the culture of the company. We’re looking for someone that loves creating and building a great place to work, planning events, and doing whatever necessary to bring the business to the next level.
What You’ll Do:
As our Office Coordinator, you will have four areas of duties:
- Manage executing and organizing legal documents for major stakeholders, employees, and customers
- Support the sales team by acting as the main administration contact to close deals
- Coordinate future board meetings on behalf of the CEO and ensure that important meetings are done in a way to put Nicoya’s best foot forward
- Be first point of contact for phone calls, visitors, and packages
- Provide support to the CEO, CRO, and CTO
- Act as account administrator for all company wide software and applications
- Book and organize travel for remote execs/guests
- Assist in the planning and execution of events including conferences, trade shows,and company team building events
- Manage vendors and suppliers to keep our office stocked with supplies, coffee, and all other necessary ingredients for productive employees
- Order and replace office furniture to champion our brand identity through office interior design
- Manage the organization, cleanliness, and processes related to the office
- Be the primary contact for security, maintenance, etc.
- Assist in planning and executing on social events for the team
- Manage Nicoya’s “Hot Topics” monthly presentations
- Ensure that Nicoya’s HRIS is always up to date and properly reflects the appropriate and structure for team members
- Organizing Onboarding for any incoming members of the team
- Co-ordinating the hiring process for finding new talent
- Assist the engineering team by acting as the contact for any problems or additional necessities for the network
- Coordinate purchasing and set up of company laptops and other technology items
- Be the liaison for the company between employees and the Dell Corporate Support team for any failed or failing laptops
If we've described you, we’d love to hear from you! Please apply directly to the attention of David Hussey.