Gore Mutual has embarked on an agile journey to reshape how we enable a more dynamic response and delivery of value to our customers. As an Agile Coach, you will keep us on the right path, providing guidance, accountability and transparency to our agile maturity across several domains and cross-functional squads.
- Support, educate, mentor and coach product owners/business sponsors, partners and stakeholders, empowering them to incorporate Agile in their lines of business
- Gather cross-functional working groups who will own the transformation and provide subject matter expertise to drive desired outcomes
- Work with teams to remove organizational impediments and recommend more effective ways of achieving objectives
- Collaborate in team activities, including sprint planning sessions, retrospectives, swarming on impediments, and other related activities towards the continual improvement and enhancement of agile practices across Gore Mutual
- Identify the KPIs and metrics the organization can use to track the progress of its agile transformation
- Support Communities of Practice through participation, including facilitation, coaching, delivery of education sessions, etc.
- Communicate effectively across diverse audiences, departments and levels acting as an agile advocate
- Foster an environment where mistakes represent learning opportunities, with an emphasis on problem solving
- Post Secondary degree or diploma in Computer Science, Software Engineering or comparable education / experience.
- Proven experience as an Agile Coach, Scrum Master, or similar role preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Previous technical delivery experience with familiarity with IT concepts, methodologies, and vocabulary.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in application solutions delivery, techniques, and Agile systems development methodology.
- Exceptional analysis, and problem-solving skills and experience.
- Knowledge of the property and casualty insurance domain considered an asset.