As a future-forward company, we continually strive to reinvent our business in unexpected ways. Our employees play a huge role in this.
We are on a journey to evolve and adapt our capabilities to deliver business value sooner through focusing on business drivers, modernizing our technology and becoming more product-focused. To support this journey, we are seeking experienced Technical Product Managers who will harness their business and technical knowledge to help formulate the technology and business vision for our domains. As our Technical Product Manager, you will seek to understand and respond to user needs and wants, applying these to a unified domain product roadmap.
Partnering with technology and business teams, the Technical Product Manager will work to deliver business value throughout the domain lifecycle.
- Develop and implement product strategies consistent with the company vision and in partnership with the Product Owner
- Collect and analyze feedback from customers, stakeholders and other teams to shape requirements, features and end products
- Develop a deep understanding of how work and value flows through the organization through close observation of the current state, capturing this information in clear and focused documentation
- Define the future capabilities of the domain, its target structure, and a roadmap for achieving the transformation
- Research and understand insurance industry emerging trends and best practices
- Work closely with technology squads to achieve product plans and roadmaps
- Work with leadership at all levels to create product plans and roadmaps
- Collaborate with other Technical Product Managers and Project Managers to align roadmaps and priorities
- Contribute as a leader within the organization in influencing and supporting the growth and development of others
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Technical Product Manager or similar role
- Post Secondary degree, diploma or comparable education / experience.
- Experience with product lifecycle management, specifically focused within Finance, Accounting, and back office systems, or other related domains.
- Background in software development or program management preferred
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to inspire teams to perform
- Mastery and expertise in planning, influencing, negotiating, and managing conflict
- Previous experience working with agile technology teams considered an asset
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to foster innovation through open and challenging dialogue
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively articulate and communicate technical vision, possibilities, and outcomes across all levels in the organization