Gore Mutual has embarked on an agile journey to reshape how we create and evolve software, enabling a more dynamic response and delivery of value to our customers.
We are looking for an energetic, resourceful, self-motivated Data Platform Engineer who will work within cross functional agile teams. As out Data Platform Engineer, you will be focused on the automation of our applications, systems and environments, ensuring that they are exceeding the needs of our engineering team and business stakeholders.
- Design, develop and maintain the Linux and Windows system software underneath Gore Mutual’s core software engineering platforms
- Seek out ways of improving performance, security and the robustness of Gore Mutual’s data platforms
- Write robust code to manage, automate and enable self-service in Gore Mutual’s core software engineering platforms (e.g., networking, firewalls, DNS, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Maintain and evolve business continuity systems and capabilities
- Manage the lifecycle of client platforms, leveraging automation and scripted deployments to reduce manual work
- Evolve and assess new technologies in collaboration with software engineering teams to identify the ongoing roadmap and ensure that data systems are operating in accordance with required objectives
- Create tools for validating our software engineering platforms
- Work across all organizational platforms including physical, virtual, and cloud-based deployments
- Provide support for application rollouts and upgrades
What are we looking for?
- Minimum one-year experience as a Data Platform Engineer, Data Engineer, Database Analyst or related field
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent education and experience
- Demonstrated experience with multiple data platforms and modern data technologies such as MS SQL Server, Information Builders, Hadoop, Azure, CosmosDB, PowerBI, Redis and EventHub/Kafka
- Previous experience managing distributed cloud platforms through configuration, deployment, and lifecycle management automation tools
- Demonstrated understanding of virtualized infrastructure, containers and infrastructure as code
- Familiarity with agile and DevOps principles, test-driven development, continuous integration, and other approached to accelerate the delivery of new features
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process required
- Experience with performance and/or security testing considered an asset
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving abilities, enabling creative abrasion
- Strong verbal and written communication with the ability to effectively articulate and communicate technical vision, possibilities, and outcomes across all levels in the organization