Test Automation Developer
As a Test Automation Developer you’ll be responsible for developing, coding and maintaining automated testing suites for all of BigRoad’s products including our native iOS and Android mobile apps and our web app.
BigRoad is poised for rapid growth in 2017 as we continue developing an already successful software product for the transportation industry. We started with a plan to make safety and compliance within the $700B transportation industry more efficient, and we have made a big impact. Our trusted brand, combined with our industry-leading software and hardware solutions, have given us a significant share of the market. We're looking for star performers to help improve our high standards as we scale our product offering, and deliver never-before-seen features to these new customers. As a key member of our team you will help make our customers’ transition to mobile technology a joy, not a chore. Our people are great, our challenges are complex, and our results are proven.
If you have a strong passion for technology and software development, this is an opportunity for you to join a tight-knit high-calibre team and have a direct impact on our success. Our philosophy is to invest in writing clean code up-front; as a result there is very little technical debt in our product. The engineering department is responsible for everything from our custom hardware & firmware, the native Android and iOS apps, and the web app & database. As a result, BigRoad engineers are exposed to truly full-stack development.
What You'll Be Doing
- Develop our customized automated test suites, ranging from unit web app tests to mobile iOS/Android test processes
- Monitor the customer experience (e.g. app crashes and performance issues)
- Author test cases from requirements
- Work directly with the engineering team to meet sprint goals and ensure quality releases
- Review new testing technologies and develop plans for further automation of regression testing
- Improve our continuous delivery pipeline, including automatic deployment and test suite execution
- Ensure we ship quality products and create experiences that delight our customers
- Have previous experience developing QA automation and release systems
- Take pride in your work and always strive to improve
- Have extensive knowledge of our technologies: Selenium, Jenkins, JUnit, Java
- Take a detail-oriented scientific approach to all tasks
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in a science, technology, engineering or mathematics program, or equivalent professional software experience
- Have at least 3 years of industry experience
- Development environment: macOS, Android Studio / IntelliJ, Xcode
- Server stack: Ubuntu, PostgreSQL, HAProxy, Tomcat
- Libraries: Google Maps, Google Protocol Buffers, Knockout, jQuery, jQuery UI, renderSnake
- Tools: Google Closure Tools, Sass, Ansible, Selenium, Jenkins
- Monitoring: Sumo Logic, Crashlytics, Datadog, Pingdom, PagerDuty
- Hosting: Amazon Web Services, Linode, bare metal
Why BigRoad is a Great Place to Work
- Collaborative work environment
- Opportunities to learn and grow your skills
- Weekly company-wide catered lunches
- Friday social with Waterloo’s best selection of craft beer
- BBQs on the patio
- Ping pong table, video games, and NERF gun wars
- Located in Waterloo near public transit, restaurants, and shopping
Sound like something you might be interested in? Apply for this role by sending a cover letter and resume (in PDF format) that outlines why you're the right candidate for this role to email@example.com. Please indicate the job title in the subject line.