Content Marketing Manager
Position: Content Marketing Manager
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
Experience: 5-10 Years Relevant Work Experience
Education: Graduate Degree in Related Field
Divison: OTTO Motors
Clearpath provides self-driving vehicle technology and services to over 500 of the world’s most innovative brands. Proprietary hardware, software, and services are delivered through the company’s industrial and research divisions: Clearpath Robotics and OTTO Motors.
We employ a diverse and highly talented team who live and breathe robotics. We believe that work must have a high “cool” factor and every day should bring new knowledge. We need more passionate people on our team who are willing and able to push the boundaries of robotics into focused and practical applications.
Clearpath is automating the world and we need your help. Got what it takes?
About the Job:
Clearpath requires a Content Marketing Manager to lead the continuing evolution and execution of a data-driven content strategy that will propel OTTO Motors onto a path to own the manufacturing conversation. This person must have an innate ability to distill goals and objectives down to tactical execution, then continually measure content performance for insights to guide future execution and goal-setting.
The Content Marketing Manager will oversee all marketing content initiatives, both internal and with external contractors, across multiple platforms and formats to drive sales, engagement, retention, leads and positive customer behavior. This individual is an expert in all things related to content and channel optimization, brand consistency, segmentation and localization, analytics, and meaningful measurement.
The Content Marketing Manager will evangelize the importance of content in driving business results and have the ability to prove it with relevant metrics and proof points.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Being accountable for all content marketing initiatives to drive traffic, engagement, and leads that deliver sales, customer growth, and customer retention.
- Working to continually evolve and improve the existing content strategy. Scope will include the creation, support, and extension of content marketing initiatives in alignment with product marketing strategy and demand generation efforts.
- Conducting ongoing usability tests to gauge content effectiveness. Gathering data and analytics (or working closely with those who do) to make recommendations based on those results.
- Leveraging market intelligence and research to develop content themes/topics, then executing a plan to develop assets that support a point of view and/or insight that leads customers and prospects to our products and services.
- Keeping a constant pulse on competitors’ content, strategy, and positioning, and using this intel to inform our own content strategy.
- Collaborating with designers, product marketers, sales professionals, external influencers, and industry experts to produce relevant content that meets the needs of both internal stakeholders and our audience.
- Creating 1–2 assets / resources each month to drive leads, subscribers, awareness, and/or other important metrics (examples include ebooks, whitepapers, infographics, guides, templates, etc.).
- Blogging and writing on an ongoing basis to support and promote your key resources and to attract site visitors through search, social media, and email subscribers.
- Managing and communicating the editorial calendar to ensure cross-functional team execution to promote and distribute new, existing, and recycled assets.
- Maintaining a system for content strategy, category, distribution, measurement, and gap analysis that considers use cases, sales stage, SEO, SEM, Google Analytics, social footprints, and community building, etc.
- Convincing others that your creative ideas are worth their investment in time and effort. This role is at the core of the marketing team and others will rely on your work every single day.
- 5-10 years of experience in a content marketing role
- People or functional management experience is an asset
- Business or communications bachelor degree
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills
- SMART goal-setting
- Ability to get into the minds of our target industries, buyers, and users
- Experience in manufacturing or supply chain is an asset
Clearpath is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sex, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process, please contact 1-800-301-3863.