Senior Business Data Analyst
Athena Software is hiring a Senior Business Data Analyst to join our expanding team!
Athena makes Penelope, a case management software system for social service agencies and non-profits around the world. We have hundreds of clients on five continents - we estimate that more than 20,000 people use Penelope every day, and that our clients help over 1 million people each year.
We are a group of 85, with employees located in Canada, United States, Australia, and the United Kingdom.
Our product is a unique, flexible and comprehensive solution for social service agencies, and this spirit is also reflected in our company culture of collaboration and commitment to community.
At Athena, we promote a team atmosphere, and believe very strongly in fostering a true work / life balance. Our company is owned and run by people with families - we know how important it is to spend time away from the computer and phone, and we hope you feel the same way.
What You’ll Do
As Senior Business Data Analyst, reporting to the Manager of Tailored Services, you will work with Athena Software’s clients and product team to develop common reporting data sets for Athena’s market sectors as well as custom client reports. You will tailor solutions to meet these needs by querying a Penelope (PostgreSQL) database, creating custom views and functions to facilitate updating and designing reports and creating data visualizations and/or data exports in multiple formats.
- You gather and document requirements, and provide informed quotes for estimated effort.
- You write SQL queries and create visual representations of data in third party tools such as Excel, Tableau, and XML.
- You communicate with Athena’s clients regarding process and change requests, understanding the business issues and data challenges of their organization and industry.
- You liaise with project and business leaders to interpret analytical requirements.
This position is permanent, full-time, and located in our Waterloo, Ontario headquarters.
Who You Are
You are a problem solver by design; analytical and client-oriented, you possess at least five years related experience in Mathematics, Computer Science, or Programming.
- You have experience creating dashboard reports in Tableau (a Tableau certification is preferred).
- You have strong knowledge of SQL and relational database management systems, with experience in querying databases with complex relationships between tables.
- With outstanding written and verbal communication skills, you are able to succeed in a dynamic, driven environment, trail-blazing creative solutions to complex challenges.
- You are able to learn new applications swiftly, independently, and with confidence.
- You have expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- You have an Undergraduate University Degree or equivalent experience in Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Science or Programming
Does this sound like you? If so, please apply with Resume and Cover Letter to the link provided.
Athena Software provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at 866.806.6014 x312 and/or human.resources [AT] athenasoftware.net.