CARFAX Canada is looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to help us build and promote a DevOps culture within our Technical Operations team! If you love a challenge, have a passion for cloud-based software and want to work with a group of dynamic teams, we want to hear from you!
Why CARFAX Canada?
We’re the best at data; that’s why we’re Canada’s choice for detailed vehicle information. We’ve been growing for over 18 years and we know that our incredible team is what’s driven us forward, so we like to keep them incredible. The CARFAX Canada kitchen is always stocked with fresh, organic fruit, not to mention a wide range of coffee options. We offer social events like pub nights and disc golf, and wellness initiatives like in-house yoga and massage! We also have RRSP matching and an amazing benefits program, so you won’t have to worry about things like vision, dental, physiotherapy etc. On top of all that, we invest in the future of our employees – we have a comprehensive leadership training program and each team member has their own professional development budget, so they can continually build their skillsets. Plus, we support our community by participating in group volunteer opportunities and donating to the causes that matter to our team. So why work at CARFAX Canada? Because life’s too short not to work somewhere awesome.
CARFAX Canada is excited to announce the position of DevOps Engineer! Reporting to our Technical Operations Manager, this role will be part of a dynamic operations team that is excited to promote and adopt a DevOps mindset.
You will work closely with engineering/architecture, DBAs and support to help ensure that our production systems are deployed, managed and monitored to the best of our ability.
Providing feedback to all teams will be key to striving towards a continuous delivery model. You will be required to learn, research, pilot and recommend new tools and technologies that can be leveraged to improve the way we work.
- Administering CARFAX Canada’s infrastructure in the Azure public cloud, including Virtual Machines (Linux and Windows), networking, Azure App Services and AD
- Provisioning new services in the Azure public cloud and complying with our backup strategies and policies
- Lead efforts in automation, continuous deployment, build, and configuration management
- Advise on, and implement, best practices for monitoring, logging and alerting
- Own the availability, resilience and scalability of your solutions
- Document installations, procedures and requirements for systems/services
- Maintain cloud security while meeting the needs of the business, without blocking progress
- Work closely with various internal teams to spec and plan new product and feature implementations
- Quickly learn new technologies and enforce industry best practices
- Provide Tier 3 support for infrastructure/system issues
- Be part of a rotating, after-hours, on-call schedule
Education, skill and experience required:
Here are some of the characteristics we are looking for in our DevOps Engineer, but we’re happy to help the new candidate develop in specific areas.
- 1+ years of experience working with public cloud environments
- 1+ years of database experience (Microsoft T-SQL).
- Involvement in CI/CD teams preferred
- Working knowledge of microservices architecture
- Experience implementing and managing immutable infrastructure
- Proficiency with NGiNX, and chef
- Master-level scripting and automation abilities
- Previous experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting .NET applications
- Excellent time management
- Strong ability to multitask and handle change
- Sharp attention to detail
- Proven communication skills
- Superior organizational and planning skills
- Collaborative and innovative problem analysis and problem solving
- Great team player with ability to work alone without micro-management
CARFAX Canada’s core values are: Integrity, Objective, Customer Advocate, Solutions-Oriented and Transparent. The successful candidate will share these values.
Compensation includes base salary commensurate with experience, performance bonuses, health/dental benefits and an optional RRSP match program.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit our website. https://www.carfax.ca/about-carfax/work-at-carfax Applications will be accepted until August 1, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CARFAX Canada is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation during the application or selection processes, please advise in your cover letter.