We are looking for a candidate with at least 3- 5 years of full-time industry experience as a software developer. Recent graduates will not be considered.
Sober Steering is a startup located in Waterloo, near the University of Waterloo. We are a hardware and software company that develops technology to prevent drunk driving. We have developed the world’s first and only transdermal alcohol interlock, and are now pioneering a wearable alcohol sensor that integrates into the vehicle to prevent drunk driving. We currently have three products in development, each of which incorporates sensor technology, IoT communication and automotive integration.
Sensors are our heart, automotive electronics are our platform, meaningful wearable technology is our new challenge, and putting an end to drunk driving is our passion.
We are seeking an intermediate or senior Software Developer who is passionate about coding and can provide their technical expertise to creatively solve the challenges that define hardware development and at the same time can keep up with high technical expectations and meeting the deadlines as per schedule.
- Develop prototypes quickly
- Create robust production applications
- Active participation in all aspects of the development process
- Design, implement, test, and deploy code
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Java, J2EE
- Database & SQL Expertise (transaction, query optimization, stored procedure)
- Python - web back-end development
- Linux operation & administration
- Troubleshooting experience
- GIT & Bitbucket
- BS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or Software Engineering or related technical discipline or equivalent practical experience
- 5 + years of extensive and demonstrable programming experience
We may administer a short programming test to determine expertise / experience level.
For more information, please email email@example.com