Content Marketing Specialist (1-year contract)
Position Location: London, Ontario
Voices.com is world’s source for voice over actors. With clients in more than 160 countries and over 200,000 voice actors from around the world, Voices.com is the #1 online marketplace to find and hire voice talent.
The role of Content Marketing Specialist for Voices.com is to research and write new content or edit and revise existing content, for various internal and external efforts, while maintaining the established standards for brand voice.
The successful candidate for this role is a copywriting wizard - able to craft short, punchy copy that’s clear, compelling and ‘sells,’ while also being able to flex his or her journalistic muscle by conducting investigative research, and spinning it into longform content that attracts, engages and delights audiences. The ideal person in this position will be a natural collaborator and passionate communicator who is always thinking of new ways to bring relevant information to audiences far and wide. In this role, you will have the opportunity to research, write and create compelling content in support of the Voices.com brand, including web copy, blog articles (www.voices.com/blog), sales collateral, and more.
Content Creation, Revision, Migration and More
- Create content and assets for various Voices.com digital properties and channels including the web, blog, email, social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and SlideShare) and more.
- Research and write like a journalist, with the SEO-focused approach of a digital marketer applying the end product to Voices.com digital properties to enhance the user experience and increase our visibility in search..
- Be an advocate for continuously improved content: Review published content, provide recommendations for enhanced performance, and execute.
- Conduct interviews with subject matter experts (internal and external) to generate content that offers information and/or perspective that is unique or scarce on the internet.
- Assist with the coordination and production of podcasts
- Source and develop complementary visuals (e.g. banner images, infographics, SlideShare presentations, etc), working collaboratively with graphic designers and developersDigital Content Manager and.
- Update and optimize existing content on the website and blog (e.g. migrating content so it appears in the appropriate place, revise older blog posts to optimize for SEO, etc.).
- Be a steward of good grammar and spelling, while upholding the brand guidelines.
- Edit content or articles that are written by others in the company for brand voice and standards.
- Maintain a high volume of quality content output, in addition to balancing various smaller copy requests as required (for example, copy for ads or other efforts)
- Contribute ideas and perspectives to the planning of the editorial calendar.
- Assist with the creation of customer journey maps.
- Leverage digital insights (e.g. Google Analytics, SEO tools Keyword Planning), as well as internal documentation (e.g. content gaps) to inform topics and direction of content creation.
- Review and report on content performance on digital channels.
- While this position is within the Content Marketing group in the Marketing Department, interdepartmental work is integral to success. Therefore, the incumbent will also be expected to develop good working relationships and provide contributions (content and insights) to the organization and greater marketing team, including Public Relations, Demand Generation and Product Marketing.
- Work collaboratively with the Channel Specialist, Social Media and Events to create engaging social posts in promotion of Voices.com content and other content of interest to our target audiences.
- Create content in tandem or in support of Public Relations initiatives, such as thought leadership pieces or complementary articles, when appropriate.
- BA in journalism, literature, marketing/PR, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years experience in journalism, content production or copywriting
- Phenomenal written communication skills and an eye for pleasing and relevant visuals to go with them
- Experience with online website content management systems (CMS)
- Strong attention to detail and project management abilities
- Ability to collaborate with other perspectives and individuals in the ideation and editing processes
- Thorough understanding of writing to optimize for search engines (SEO)., both within content and behind the scenes (metadata, etc.)
Equal Employment Opportunities
Voices.com values diversity. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Voices.com is committed to providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities; please let us know if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.
Interested candidates are encouraged to send their cover letter and résumé by completing the online application. By doing so, your resume is guaranteed to be reviewed. Please include a link to your portfolio with your resume and cover letter when applying.
Voices.com thanks all candidates in advance.