The Security Operations Centre (SOC) provides front line monitoring and support to Clients worldwide for our comprehensive internet security solutions.
The successful candidate will act as Subject Matter Expert for SOC content, such as tools, policies and procedures, and eSentire products and services, with an understanding of the team’s education needs. They will work closely with the SOC Training and Development Lead to develop training content and associated materials that ensure performance goals are met, and training is delivered efficiently and effectively.
The candidate will also interface with other teams within the organization, to stay ahead of the training needs of the SOC and ensure that requirements are conveyed and content is created in advance of new product launches.
The candidate will report to the SOC Training and Development Lead.
You will be responsible for:
- Establish and maintain regular content review cycles to ensure content is always reflective of the latest best practices and procedures.
- Design and validate innovative, engaging and effective eLearning video content, courseware, job aids and reference materials.
- Publish student & instructor course material according to requested delivery methods / formats.
- Create and maintain course and image libraries, as well as repository for end-users to access materials.
- Evaluate the performance of trainees by creating content to assess their knowledge, and identify any gaps.
- Create remedial training programs to address those gaps.
- Use and contribute to style guides and templates to ensure consistency across all course content.
- Coordinate ‘train-the-trainer’ sessions to ensure internal trainers are ready to deliver.
- Self-motivator that delivers results with minimal supervision.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- College and or University Degree in Computer Science, Computer Security or related discipline.
- Background in Information Security and/or other relevant IT functions.
- SSCP, CEH, CCNA, GSEC, OSCP, Network+, Security+, or ITIL Foundation/Intermediate certifications are an asset.
- Advanced understanding of network analysis / forensics.
- Deep understanding of application layer protocols, with additional understanding of OSI model.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills, with a desire to dissect complex, new and undocumented situations to find a solution.
- Previous experience working in a Linux based environment is an asset.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to quickly analyze and learn new technologies.
- Previous SOC experience is an asset.
Why a Career with eSentire?
About us: eSentire® is an industry leader, providing managed threat detection and response services to mid-sized organizations, keeping them safe from constantly evolving cyber-attacks that traditional security defenses simply can’t detect. eSentire combines people, process and proprietary technology to deliver an unmatched, premium level service that hunts, detects, remediates and communicates sophisticated cyber threats in real-time, 24X7.
Protecting more than $5 trillion in Assets under Management (AuM), eSentire is the award-winning choice for security decision-makers in mid-size enterprise. eSentire has received multiple accolades for exceptional service, which includes HFM (Hedge Fund Manager) Service Provider awards, Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50™ and Fast 500™ , and included in Gartner, Inc.’s list of “Cool Vendors” in the Cool Vendors in Cloud Security Services, report. For more information visit www.esentire.com and follow @esentirecareers.
Our Culture: At eSentire we work in a collaborative and innovative work environment. We work with brilliant and passionate people who strive and encourage others to do their best. eSentire’s idea-rich environment welcomes creative and sometimes unconventional perspectives!
Growth Opportunities: At eSentire you will have the opportunity to grow and make an impact from your work. We encourage innovation in all who become a part of our team. With growing operations internationally, there is lots of lateral and upward advancement opportunities for rewarding and developing careers with eSentire. We’re strong believers in continuing education and provide the resources that you need to continue learning.
Employee Perks: Every day we provide free breakfast and refreshments, flexible hours, half day off birthdays, concierge services, RRSP matching program, subsidies for continuing education and health and wellness and attractive compensation and benefit plans. We make it our obligation to the team here to stay current with compensation trends in the tech field!
We thank all applicants in advance for applying. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
eSentire is committed to creating a fair work environment that is aligned with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We guarantee equal treatment and provide opportunities regardless of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these basis. If you have any accessibility requirements during the recruitment process, please reach out to our HR team at email@example.com and any accommodation needs will be addressed upon request.