- Scrum Master
- Intelligent Mechatronic Systems
- Job Function
- Job Type
- Full time
Who we are searching for:
You are the Jedi Knight of Scrum! A Master who is skilled at facilitation, leadership and coaching in order to best support the development of software applications. You are a Scrum subject matter expert who is driven to make a difference. As Scrum Master, you will be responsible for coaching young padawans the rules of scrum, lightsaber style slashing of impediments from the development teams while promoting self-management and consistently improving our standards of work.
Is the Scrum force strong with you? Join IMS today!
Your role at IMS:
- Serve as a liaison between technical and non-technical groups
- Co-ordinate with the release manager on aligning with the release plan
- Organize and facilitate project planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings
- Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress
- Maintain process documentation
- Ensure the development teams are practicing the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility
- Assist team with making appropriate commitments through story selection, task definition
- Participate proactively in developing and maintaining team standards, tools, and best practices
- Identify and remove impediments and empower teams to self-organize
- Assist with backlog maintenance; internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
Skills you bring to IMS
- Bachelor’s degree/diploma in Engineering / Computer Science, or equivalent
- 1 to 3 years of hands on Scrum Master experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to understand complex technical issues
- Thorough understanding of Agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures
- Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Proven ability to work independently with limited supervision and with other department personnel
- Must have exceptional communication, organization, and time management skills
- Must be “self-motivated” as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems
- Proven ability to deal with multiple projects and deadlines
- Professional Certification is an asset
Why join IMS?
- Canada’s Top 100 Employers committed to your personal and professional development
- Comprehensive health benefits and RRSP with no waiting period
- Goodlife Fitness membership discount and more
- Industry-competitive salary, vacation, flexible work hours and paid time off to volunteer
- State of the art facility with free parking, nearby walking trails restaurants and summer outdoor markets.
- Comfortable employee lounge and game room on site
- Free daily snacks provided and free breakfast Wednesdays
- Paid day off for full-time employees in recognition of their birthday each year
- Optional summer hours (compressed work-week) during the months of July and August
- Multi-tiered Rewards and Recognition Program, including manager nominated and peer to peer awards
Intelligent Mechatronic Systems Inc. (IMS) is a leader in Connected Car™ technology that enables drivers to be safer, smarter and greener. We are a privately held technology company founded in 1999 and based in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada – the heart of Canada’s Technology Triangle. Our unique approach of converging in-car infotainment, automotive telematics and wireless technology has resulted in an impressive range of solutions. From insurance and government, to fleets and everyday drivers, our technology revolutionizes industries.
Direct applications only – no recruitment agencies please.
At IMS, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. IMS offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.