- Kitchener, ON
- Job Function
- Design & UX
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Enterprise (500+)
Manulife's strong track record as a trusted financial services provider has uniquely positioned us to help our customers with their most critical life choices. And we don’t take that responsibility lightly. At Manulife, we are dedicated to making decisions easier and lives better. While we have a long-standing history of success and leadership, we’re only just getting started. You’ll be joining Manulife at a pivotal moment as we are working hard to not only change ourselves, but to reshape our industry.
And that’s where you come in. We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to join us on this bold mission. You’ll be working with and guiding the design team on our new mobile and web products. Collaboratively with our Marketing, Product, and Engineering teams, you will identify the right problems to solve and design elegant solutions through an iterative, data-informed process. As a leader within the team, you will shape the design craft, help us scale, and create the conditions for world-class work to be delivered every day.
Here’s what you will be doing:
- Developing and executing against a UX strategy to achieve the business goals
- Working with product owners and engineering to balance the right decisions for the product with the right decisions for the users
- Conducting research with users, distill the data and communicate the insights
- Working in an agile environment, enabling quick test-iterate cycles
- Facilitating design conversations and articulating the rationale for design decisions
- Mentoring members of the team, helping them realize their full potential as product designers
- Empowering through education on what it means to be a design-led organization with a relentless focus on the customer
Here’s what you'll need to have:
- Experience collaborating with other designers and developers to build a cohesive product and robust design system
- An understanding of the end to end iterative UX product design process, including how to research user needs, user stories, journey mapping, content modelling, wireframing and prototyping, user testing, and high fidelity visuals
- A passion for solving core product problems while owning all facets of a user experience (strategy, IA, interaction design and research)
- Experience collaborating with multiple disciplines including product, engineering, content, research, and more
- A deep empathy for the user
- Experience working in a fast-paced experimental or start-up environment
Let’s do this! We can’t wait to hear from you.
If you are ready to unleash your potential it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2018, we had more than 34,000 employees, over 82,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 28 million customers. As of March 31, 2019, we had over $1.1 trillion (US$849 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $29.4 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States are where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and we administer all of our practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.