- Job Function
- Software Development
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
Position: Software Developer (Clearpath Robotics)
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
Experience: 3+ Years relevant work experience
Education: Undergraduate degree (CS or equivalent)
Division: Clearpath Robotics
Clearpath provides self-driving vehicle technology and services to over 500 of the world’s most innovative brands. Proprietary hardware, software, and services are delivered through the company’s industrial and research divisions: Clearpath Robotics and OTTO Motors.
We employ a diverse and highly talented team who live and breathe robotics. We believe that work must have a high “cool” factor and every day should bring new knowledge. We need more passionate people on our team who are willing and able to push the boundaries of robotics into focused and practical applications.
Clearpath is automating the world and we need your help. Got what it takes?
About the Job
We believe in providing our clients with complete solutions revolutionizing manufacture and warehousing. Clearpath provides system software that allows its customers to direct and monitor their fleet of robots without having to worry about the details. We're looking for a Software Developer to help our robots talk to each other efficiently and collaborate to complete their mission.
Your goal is to help build a system of robust, efficient, software that will operate at a high level of reliability for years in the field. You will work as a member of the Clearpath development team to deliver properly engineered solutions.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Design and implementation of custom software, ranging from low-level robot control code to fleet communication and application development ( C/C++, python, ROS )
- Architecture development, in conjunction with our Autonomy and Fleet management teams
- Participating in team-wide code and architecture reviews
You want to work for a fast-paced growing company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with less than 100% effort. You want to be surrounded by people like you; creative, fun-loving, and passionate about their work. You are motivated by making an impact on your workplace and you thrive on challenging and rewarding problems.
Your software is reliable, to the point where you'd be comfortable sealing it in a box and sending it halfway around the world. You are a bridge between the embedded software domain and Linux hosted applications, as long as it is well layered. You like the thought of working on projects that interact with the world, even more so when they can do so on their own. You're looking for a job where you get to interact with a diverse team and learn something new every day. We can't promise it'll be interesting or relevant, but it'll be new!
- 3+ years C/C++, PC Linux and embedded, networking
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary team
- Experience with source control, code/design review processes, etc.
- Moderate to strong Linux platform experience (more than CLI, bordering on kernel compilation)
- A die-hard believer in unit testing and S.O.L.I.D. principles
Bonus points for:
- Robot Operating System ( ROS )
- System benchmarking, performance analysis and code complexity reduction
- General mechatronics interest / experience
- Experience with rigorous software testing and continuous integration processes
Clearpath is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sex, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process, please contact 1-800-301-3863.