- Job Function
- Product Management
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
Position: Senior Product Manager
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Experience: 5+ Years of relevant work experience
Education: Undergraduate degree (Business, Engineering, CS, Surprise us!)
Division: OTTO Motors
Clearpath provides self-driving vehicle technology and services to over 500 of the world’s most innovative brands. Proprietary hardware, software, and services are delivered through the company’s industrial and research divisions: Clearpath Robotics and OTTO Motors.
We employ a diverse and highly talented team who live and breathe robotics. We believe that work must have a high “cool” factor and every day should bring new knowledge. We need more passionate people on our team who are willing and able to push the boundaries of robotics into focused and practical applications.
Clearpath is automating the world and we need your help. Got what it takes?
About the Job
OTTO Motors is looking for a great product manager to add to our growing team, we need someone with a track record of success bringing great products to market. An ideal candidate has experience bringing enterprise grade software to market, comes from an automation background or really understands the industrial automation, manufacturing, or distribution space.
You will be responsible for a critical part of our portfolio in material movement and your experience in product management will help you drive the products success. You will work closely with the rest of the OTTO product development team to make sure that we are delivering properly engineered solutions. You will work closely with both sales and marketing to ensure your products are competitive, valuable and understood in the marketplace.
Corporate and Product Direction
- Manage the delivery of the products you are responsible for bringing to market, improving portfolio, working with engineering, sales, marketing, customer success and the rest of our great team to make our products a success.
- Responsibilities will include product function, product fit, competitive positioning, overall BOM, first customer ship, sales enablement & pricing that makes the product a success
Team and Internal Partnerships
- Help build and drive Product Management vision within the company with the Product and teams that you work with.
- Grow and partner with engineering teams to strike the right balance of delivery timelines and future proof hardware or software products you are responsible for
- Partner and work with the Product Marketing team to deliver clear messaging around your products and align with the overall value of the portfolio
Customer and External Partnerships
- Understand, build and ensure your product add value for the customer within our portfolio
- Excite, inform and engage with our customers as frequently as possible to develop an external voice of success for the OTTO Motors brand.
- Provide input, insight and research while working with other members of the Product Management team and executive team explore build, buy and partner relationships as an extension of our Product Portfolio
Product Managers come from various backgrounds, therefore, most importantly we are looking for someone who matches the description above and is looking to take on the world. That being said we consider these baseline for our next team member:
- 5+ years direct product management experience
- Degree or diploma in Engineering related field
- A proven track record of launching great products, and stories to go along with it
- Strong problem solving skills and a willingness to roll up the sleeves to get the job done
- Unusually great organizational and time management skills
- A ninja at both verbal and visual communication
- Collaborative to your core
Clearpath is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sex, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process, please contact 1-800-301-3863.