- Job Function
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
Position: Cost Accountant
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Experience: 1-3 years of relevant experience
Education: University Degree in Business, AND/OR holds or working towards an accounting designation
Division: OTTO Motors
Clearpath provides self-driving vehicle technology and services to over 500 of the world’s most innovative brands. Proprietary hardware, software, and services are delivered through the company’s industrial and research divisions: OTTO Motors and Clearpath Robotics.
We employ a diverse and highly talented team who live and breathe robotics. We believe that work must have a high “cool” factor and every day should bring new knowledge. We need more passionate people on our team who are willing and able to push the boundaries of robotics into focused and practical applications.
Clearpath is automating the world and we need your help. Got what it takes?
About the Job:
As a member of our team, you will be responsible for performing cost analyses, comparing and reporting actual costs to budgets and the ongoing review of financial results. This hands-on role will also provide financial support to all functional areas of the business and requires excellent communication skills along with a strong understanding of costing within a manufacturing environment.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Perform monthly reconciliation of the inventory sub-ledger to the general ledger
- Conduct gross margins analysis and investigate variances between actual and budgeted figures
- Review the WIP Report daily and work with operations to solve inaccuracies in the ERP system
- Perform variance analysis such as Purchase Price to Cost variance, Invoice to PO price variances
- Analyze RMA, scrap and consumables expenses on a monthly basis and work with operations on cost reduction initiatives
- Validate the cost of goods sold as part of the month-end close
- Monitor the open jobs report for accuracy and timeliness
- Monitor monthly actual spending to plans and analyze variances; reporting out monthly results to departmental managers.
- Prepare analytical reviews as needed
- Assist with preparation and coordination of the audit process
You want to work for a fast-moving company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You want to be surrounded by people like you; creative, fun-loving, and passionate about their work. You are motivated by making an impact on your workplace and you thrive on challenging and rewarding problems. Oh, and you have some form of higher education with the common sense to back it up.
- Advanced skills in Excel
- Experience working with an ERP system is an asset
- Self-starter being able to work autonomously
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of cost accounting methodologies with technical skills involving inventory transactions, cost analysis, and month-end close.
- 1-3 years relevant experience preferably in a high-volume manufacturing environment
- University Degree in Business, Accounting AND/OR holds or working towards an accounting designation
Clearpath is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sex, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process, please contact 1-800-301-3863.