Senior Public Relations Specialist
- Quarry Integrated Communications
- St. Jacobs
- Job Function
- PR & Communications
- Job Type
- Full time
Do you have a passion for Public Relations and B2B marketing? Are you interested in building your PR career at an innovative and integrated marketing firm? Do you enjoy being challenged and working in a fast-paced environment? If so, Quarry might be the place for you!
We are seeking a Senior Public Relations Specialist to join our team. The right candidate will be someone who enjoys creating strategies for clients; a person who is media savvy; who knows the meaning of teamwork; who can juggle multiple tasks; and who can deliver high-quality results for our clients. This position will work out of our loft-style office in beautiful St. Jacobs, Ontario.
What you’ll be doing:
- Advise, counsel and guide our clients, based on your knowledge and expertise in communications and Public Relations
- Provide issues management and crisis communications support when needed
- Develop savvy PR strategies to engage and influence client stakeholders, including media, employees, analysts, key opinion leaders and community members
- Leverage your social media chops to ensure our clients know what’s happening, what’s new, what’s on the horizon and how they should be taking advantage of this medium
- Apply your understanding of the trade media environment to pitch stories, conduct media tours or arrange media events, to ensure that our clients’ messages are heard
Execution and Delivery
- Draft positioning statements, key messages, news releases, Q&As, testimonial scripts and a wide variety of other PR materials
- Plan, organize and execute client and stakeholder events
- Drive the Quarry PR practice forward, seeking to adopt emerging best practices and technologies as appropriate
- Mentor, lead and coach PR specialists and freelancers as required, to support client work
What we’re seeking:
- 8+ years of PR experience, with a focus on media relations, stakeholder relations, analyst relations and event management
- Social media expertise
- B2B, agency and tech-sector expertise are ideal
- A willingness to travel, as this is a requirement of the role
- Fluency in French is definitely an asset (though not required)
- Someone who loves being part of an energetic, enthusiastic team, but also isn’t afraid to forge ahead independently when required
- Min. 8 years of professional public relations experience
- Experience working in a marketing agency with B2B experience would be considered an asset
- Min. 2 years’ experience leading a team
Quarry is the single agency to drive real growth for brands with complex buying journeys. Our 90+ team of modern marketing strategists, creatives and technologists do this for some of North America’s most respected brands.
Quarry is committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of employment barriers and discrimination. Accommodations will be made for qualified applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation through the application, interview or selection stages, please contact Shelley Facey, Director People.
Interested applicants please send an email to Shelley Facey, Director People (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your résumé and a cover letter and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for this role.
While we appreciate the time you took to submit your resume, due to the volume of resumes received only applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies, please.