- Toronto and GTA
- Job Function
- Software Development
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
Are you 100% Team Android?
Are you looking for an environment that where you are free to be your creative best?
Do you want to be part of the decision-making process in creating industry-leading apps?
Want to work somewhere awesome?
Awesome is who we are and awesome is what we do! We don’t believe mobile is just an extension of a website, but a product on in it’s own right.
You will bring your obsession for creating and developing android apps and we will provide you an environment where your voice will be heard, your opinions valued and your expertise respected.
You are an Android App Developer who wants to change the world one app at a time starting with ours! We think we have a pretty successful app (Rated at 4.5 on Android) and over 5 million total downloads - but we know that someone like you can make it better. We will give you first class tools to create first-class products!
For the right candidates we will provide assistance with the immigration and visa process. Just bring your skills and we will take care of the rest.
What you’ll do…
- Develop Android applications for mobile phone and tablet devices
- Participate in design review, architecture, and coding practice discussions for new features and the overall app; perform code reviews.
- Participate in enhancing the CI pipeline to make it faster and provide more test coverage, with the goal of eliminating manual testing and being release ready after each commit
- Collaborate with UX to ensure the app has a native look and feel, and closely follows the Material Design guideline
- Reach consensus with the backend developers on data models and communication protocols using JSON, and implement according to spec
- Be an enthusiastic and positive representative of our team as you interact with a variety of business partners
What you bring to the table
- Developed your own app? We would love to hear about it!
- Intermediate knowledge of Java, JUnit, Espresso, and cloud-hosted JSON-based REST APIs
- Familiarity with MVC, MVP, and MVVM
- Source control, branching, merging using Git
- In-depth understanding of the Material Design guideline
- App performance optimization for data and battery consumption
- Initiative to work independently and proactively identify work that needs to be done
Must have Experience
- 0 - 2 years of Android development experience in a team environment
- Bachelor of Computer Science, Computer engineering, or equivalent degree
What’s in it for you……
- An environment built to help you be your creative best
- Your choice of equipment and hardware. Tell us what you need it’s yours!
- An amazing employee benefits program (medical, dental, spending account, etc.)
- Company Incentive plans
- Development dollars
- Semi-flexible hours
- Team-building events
Do we have your attention now? If so, we would love to hear from you!
Please send your resume and feel free to include any or all of the following:
- A meme in your application that will get our attention and/or make us laugh.
- Your best Android vs iOS joke!
- Your 10s elevator pitch on why you!
- Your favourite app and why
About Les Pac
With LesPac we have been making buying and selling quicker, smarter and more enjoyable. With over 14 categories for the purchase and sale of goods and services it is the best place to find anything you need. LesPAC attracts 2.2 million unique visitors per month.
In every role at LesPAC, you'll contribute to the success of the most advanced technologies, and have opportunities to grow. We are looking for awesome graduates who will hand on.