- Grey Swan
- 120,000K plus equity
- Job Function
- Software Development
- Job Type
- Full time, Contract
- Salary Estimate
- Company Size
- Startup (1-19)
Design/deploy system for ultra-high performance financial system. Own design/implementation in mutually respectful environment with no-nonsense team.
Design an ultra-high performance financial system and own your design/implementation in a mutually respectful collaborative environment with a no-nonsense team.
Why This Position Should Interest You
We are working to make a significant change in an established industry which has not yet understood the potential of the area we are working on. We have assembled a highly experienced and senior team who is serious about and working diligently to realize our vision. We love open source technologies, and believe in managing and maintaining our own data centers, and are investing our time and money to push the limits of what is possible.
We are an innovative, regulated FinTech startup in stealth mode, building an institutional level risk transfer solution. We are a small group of senior-level engineers, financial traders, and entrepreneurs with well over 75 years of experience in startup ventures. We are working on a startup with both significant upside and extremely interesting engineering challenges that may include decentralized technology. We have invested a great deal of time in solving a large, global business problems, and are now seeking technical expertise for design and implementation.
- Self starter who enjoys autonomy in the workplace
- Comfortable working 100% remotely
- Appreciates the challenge of working on a wide range of technical domains
- You are serious about your work and you know how to grind
- Able to attend regular business hour meetings (West coast USA timezone)
- Absolutely know how to generate professional technical documentation (e.g. req'ts, design) and are willing to do so.
- Work remotely with a small team across North America
- Participate in an ongoing conversation with other team members with the goal of creating the best design possible
- Work within existing architectural design, but able to craft sub-design elements independently
- Commitment to operation within a collaborative framework of design, decision making and implementation
- 10+ years Java experience
- Solid knowledge of database architecture and design
- High-performance database environments
- Experience with Hyperledger
- Experience deploying Docker containers
- Engineered solutions within highly regulated environments, such as HIPAA or PCI, where security is paramount
- Java optimization
- NoSQL database
- Development for & within Linux-based environment
- Financial systems
- Blockchain systems