- Software QA Specialist / Front-End Web Developer
- Quarry Integrated Communications
- St. Jacobs
- Job Function
- Software Development, QA
- Job Type
- Full time
Software QA Specialist / Front-End Web Developer
Do you strive to ‘imagine something better’? Are you still early in your career and looking for a new opportunity in a dynamic atmosphere where big-picture thinking is appreciated? Do you have a ‘user experience approach’ to QA for web and mobile applications, and some basic skills in front-end code development that you would like to grow? Are you able to communicate issues clearly to a cross-functional team to keep end-user goals aligned? Do you have an uncommon attention to detail and consider yourself to be a savvy problem solver? Are you organized, collaborative, enthusiastic and curious? If so, Quarry might be the place for you!
Quarry is currently seeking a Software QA Specialist/Front-End Web Developer with some basic web development skills to join our team on a full-time basis. Applicants should have 1–3 years’ experience working with design, UX and development teams, and be comfortable working collaboratively on briskly moving projects in order to identify and develop solutions for creating a better product. The successful candidate will be combining their QA responsibilities with advancing their Web Development skills in this role. As there is a lot of collaboration, the individual must be available to work out of our beautiful loft-style St. Jacobs office location.
What you’ll be doing:
- Day-to-day testing for the following components: Content/Visuals, Browsers, WCAG Compliance, SEO/Metrics, Functionality, Security and Risk, Site Performance, and Finishing Touches.
- Developing a standardized QA reporting mechanism.
- Along with the UX team, developing use-case scenarios that can be leveraged as a testing gauge for QA to guide the project through to successful completion.
- Cultivating interactive relationships to understand overall business objectives, delivering high-quality releases and enhancing digital user experience.
- Offering training, guidance and support on all things QA.
- Providing subject matter input into the effectiveness of digital programs, and making changes as quickly as possible to resolve issues.
- Maintaining and improving upon legacy code of existing sites.
- Building user interfaces for a range of sites.
- Collaborating with the rest of the digital team to produce responsive and elegant cross-browser user experiences.
- Translating design comps into standards-based, accessible code that is search-engine friendly.
- Working to integrate code into Content Management Systems (CMS) while always keeping the end user experience in mind.
What we’re seeking:
- An understanding of and passion for usability, accessibility, cross-browser compatibility and semantic markup
- An understanding of Mobile First, Progressively Enhanced Responsive Web Design
- An understanding of the Mobile Web Development experience
- Proficiency with Mac OS X and Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of system development life cycle
- Knowledge of technical design and specifications, as well as web and client/server architectures
- Knowledge of database design
- Comfortable working with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Able to work in both OS X and Windows
- Familiarity working with a code versioning system (Git preferred) would be an asset
Quarry is the single agency to drive real growth for brands with complex buying journeys. Our 90+ team of modern marketing strategists, creatives and technologists do this for some of North America’s most respected brands.
Quarry is committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of employment barriers and discrimination. Accommodations will be made for qualified applicants with a disability throughout our recruitment process. Should you require accommodation thought the application, interview or selection stages, please contact Shelley Facey, Director People.
Interested applicants, please send your résumé and cover letter to Shelley Facey, Director People at email@example.com and let us know why you think you could be the perfect fit for this role.
While we appreciate the time you took to apply for this position, due to the volume of resumes received, only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted. No agencies, please.