At the forefront of Viewer Intelligence, SSIMWAVE is built on our Emmy® Award-winning algorithm. SSIMWAVE is defining the future of video delivery with the most accurate measure of how humans perceive video. With SSIMWAVE technology, video distributors, networks and studios can keep up with the explosive growth of video and deliver the ultimate viewing experience to consumers on any screen, anywhere.
Our customers include major players in the media, entertainment, and Multichannel Video Programming Distribution industries and our state-of-the-art products provide the most optimal way to measure, control, and optimize live and file-based video.
We’re a growing team of engineers, video scientists, product and business experts. Our diverse team is driven to advance the business of video. Join our profitable scale-up with opportunities for career growth in both depth and breadth of experience.
You are passionate about being part of the team that makes the complex simple – for our customers and our colleagues. You thrive in a highly intellectual environment that challenges you to deliver the best and most impactful experience to everyone you encounter. You care intensely about delivering results. You want to become an expert in everything related to video, from the content generation, encoding, networking, to the final delivery to the device. You want to learn about video in cable, wireless, and satellite networks. You love learning every day.
About the Position:
As a member of our Support Engineering Team, you will be working closely with customers. Your day will vary from troubleshooting tickets, planning new deployments, problem solving, installation and commissioning of new equipment, and managing customer expectations. You will be the face of the company and a fundamental component in the customer experience with SSIMWAVE. You will be a customer advocate within the company and ensure their success.
Job Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Act as a primary technical interface for customer deployments and on/off-site support activities
- Drive for customer success in using our products, marshalling team resources, removing impediments and generally, doing what it takes to make the customers happy (Track and follow-up customer incidents from submission to resolution, ensuring customers’ expectations are continuously met and exceeded)
- Work with senior team members and engineering to effectively diagnose issues and eventually provide ideas and feedback on how to enhance our product
- Communicate customer issues, progress and feedback to sales, engineering and product management
- Engage in Continuous Improvement initiatives in assisting company and customers in finding areas of improvement
Skills and qualifications:
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written, and interpersonal
- Proficiency in Linux CentOS
- Proficiency with scripting languages: Golang, Python, JS
- Experience working with customers
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills
- Desire to learn and grow with mentorship
- High degree of motivation and ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced development environment
- Open to travel to customer sites
- Self-motivated to learn new technologies and technical skills
- Previous Customer Support experience in B2B or B2C environment
- Red Hat Certification
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Community College with equivalent experience
- Programming experience in C++ or Java
- Experience with deployment automation tools like Ansible
- Virtualization expertise, Dockers and containers
- Experience working with Video and Video broadcast industry
Missing a few of the requirements and not sure if you’re qualified? Let us be the judge, submit your resume!
Benefits and Perks:
- Dynamic work environment
- Health benefits including Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Vacation & Paid Time Off
- Office Perks: Monday lunches and a fully stocked “kitchen”
- Monthly Massage therapist visits on site
- Beer on tap
SSIMWAVE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. At SSIMWAVE, we celebrate diversity and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our customers, our products, and our community. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.