We are changing the way utilities and industry manage our most precious resource: water. We provide water facilities with an Artificial Intelligence driven platform to help their staff make smarter decisions in real-time when operating their critical processes (i.e. water treatment, pumping etc). In doing so, we are able to help facilities drive down their costs, enhance reliability and reduce risks to public safety.
We are thinking about the future, too: by using AI we are reimagining how the operational staff of the 21st century will interact with critical infrastructure.
The Right Candidate
We are looking for impact-minded people who are passionate about making the world a better place through Artificial Intelligence. As a Data Engineer in EMAGIN, you will be responsible for building data pipelines behind billions of dollars in critical water infrastructure for Fortune 500 companies. We are looking for ambitious, energetic, and talented individuals to join our purpose-driven community bridging the technical and business worlds to deliver products for the global water sector. You will have the opportunity to lead teams in building mission-critical systems and services for high profile clients globally using cutting-edge cloud technologies in an agile environment.
What You Will Do
- Work with back-end developers and data scientists to build and deploy highly scalable, fault-tolerant machine-learning driven pipelines for a variety of industrial facilities (i.e. refineries)
- Develop, test and deploy scalable and robust computationally intensive technologies for near real-time execution
- Build, validate and deploy preprocessing pipelines for machine learning model ingestion
What You Will Need
- A degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field
- 3+ years experience with Python for software engineering development
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL systems
- Experience with Python Data science libraries (numpy, pandas, tensorflow/pytorch, scikit-learn, etc)
- Proficiency in some of the following languages: Java, C, Julia, Bash
- Experience building processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- Experience working with CI/CD, containerization, and virtualization tools such as GitLab, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Docker
- Knowledge of optimization, classification, clustering and other machine learning technologies
Nice to Have
- Experience with cloud technologies, specifically AWS
- Knowledge of data modelling, data warehousing, ETL processes, and business intelligence reporting tools
- Demonstrated experience developing production level code
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
Why we think you will love working with us
Build something that makes a difference in the world. Have a big impact at an early-stage, VC-backed software startup. Work with a tight-knit community of experienced entrepreneurs and technologists creating socially-mindful technology. Learn and apply cutting-edge technology to meaningful problems.
Other perks include:
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Competitive Salary
- Regular social events
- Flexible hours
- Centrally located at the Tannery District in Ontario's start-up city alongside Google, D2L, Shopify.
If this sounds like your kind of challenge and you have the relevant experience to take them on, get in touch! Please apply with your résumé/CV and any links (GitHub)/attachments about relevant projects and related work.