Bookkeeper / General Accountant (Part-time)
Who we are and what we do
Founded in 2011, Mappedin powers search and discovery indoors, enabling consumers to find what they’re looking for with speed and ease. Our software platform provides industry leading tools to manage dynamic indoor spatial data and offer wayfinding experiences for customer-facing applications, including a recent collaboration with Apple Maps.
Mappedin works with the ten largest malls in Canada, the largest REITs in the US, and in stores, hospitals, campuses, and airports around the world.
Who you are and what you’ll do
The Bookkeeper is responsible for day to day operations of accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and general ledger. This position also supports the VP Finance with budget and forecast activities, as needed. The Bookkeeper reports to the VP Finance and will be in regular contact with other members of the Mappedin team.
- Manage the accounts payable/receivable, cash receipts, general ledger, check runs, wire transfer processes
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close
- Monthly HST/GST tax filings
- Supports VP Finance with budget and cash forecasting activities
- Develop more efficient accounting and finance procedures and use of resources, while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Prepare working papers for annual review/audit
- Improve overall company systems and procedures, including implementing new software as required (expense reporting, travel management, etc)
- Monitoring and regular reporting to management on travel management program
- Work with senior management team to identify and implement efficiencies and cost savings
- Manage semi-monthly disbursement for 70+ employees
- Ensure the processing of new hires, temporary workers, transfers, promotions and terminations are accurate and timely
- Ensure proper reports, tax filings and other payroll requirements are met.
- Provides payroll information to employees, answering any questions and requests.
- Tracking and reporting of employees paid vacation days, including implementation of a proper automated system
You have experience or are highly interested in:
- Different accounting procedures and practices
- Research and implement new software and banking solutions to improve efficiencies
What are some challenges?
With a small team we move fast and help each other out. Direction may change quickly, and you may need to operate with some ambiguity, but we will do everything we can to make this a successful venture.
One of our values is playing for the team so you may need to sometimes put aside personal objectives in order to help meet more urgent company objectives, but others will do the same for you.
Behind the scenes
There’s a lot of trust here at Mappedin. We work flexible hours, have a flexible vacation policy and work to provide the hardware or office equipment you require to unleash your potential. We will do what it takes to get things done if we said we would do it. We stay curious and will always ask each other questions, rarely making assumptions. We recognize that we are all different and will challenge each other’s views and perceptions from time to time, resulting in constructive and healthy debates, but that never stops us from all eating lunch together every day. If you want to join our sports team, we have a blank bright orange jersey here waiting for your name to be printed on it.
Lastly, we have an awesome office cat who loves attention. Allergic? Don’t worry, Hobbes stays on the other side of the office and won’t bother you unless you decide to work in the collaboration area there!