- Job Function
- Product Management, Software Development
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Startup (1-19)
Title: Product Manager
Date: 5 July 2019
What We Do
HealthIM is a Canadian leader in mental health initiatives and provides software to support police interactions with individuals with serious mental disorders. Police are often the first responders to situations involving a mental health crisis. HealthIM is used by officers to gather their first-hand observations and determine what action is necessary to help an individual the most. These observations are transmitted to local hospitals to help bridge the communication gap between police and healthcare, simplifying the transfer process. HealthIM has been adopted by police agencies in Ontario and the prairies and is currently expanding across Canada. You can find out more at https://www.healthim.com.
You are a self-motivated and adaptable individual who wants to become an integral part of a growing and dynamic small tech start-up. You excel in a fast-paced environment and are able to manage and prioritize numerous and varied tasks. You understand the importance of precision and follow-through and enjoy being the go-to person for help and support. You balance technical knowledge with strong communication and organizational skills, allowing you to make a significant impact in communities across Canada and beyond.
What You Will Do
As a small and rapidly growing organization, your responsibilities are doing everything it takes to fulfill our client’s expectations and ensuring your team successfully completes all software to complete conclusion on-time and on-budget.
Specific core responsibilities:
- Lead software development projects, ensuring on-time completion
- Manage multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Evaluate projects, develop and update schedules and supervise status
- Proactively identify and address project risks and issues
- Responsible for software quality and customer satisfaction
- Develop a strong understanding of the code base and its components
- Be comfortable with writing code as needed
- Lead a small team of developers to help complete the projects
- Ensure project objectives are understood by all team members
- Conduct code reviews with team members across a variety of platforms
- Prepare documentation capturing project objectives, requirements, and deliverables
- Develop software system testing and validation procedures, programming, and documentation
- Modify current software to correct errors and to improve structure/performance
- Ensure developers are working effectively to deliver high quality software
- Provide mentorship to employees to achieve goals and maximize their potential
What You Will Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Experience in software development management
- Demonstrate significant attention to detail
- Self-Starter with ability to prioritize, multi-task and adjust to changing situations
- Able to work under pressure, meet deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Determined to deliver outcomes and able to overcome obstacles to move forward
- Excellent communication skills, able to communicate clearly on both technical and non-technical matters to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Continuous drive to learn, pushing technical limits, and finding new solutions
- Curious and inquisitive with strong analytic and decision-making abilities
- Experience working with all levels of the technology stack
- Able to understand database models and how to work with them
- Experience with building testing systems for client and server applications
- Solid software development background.
- Experience mentoring and leading software developers
- Ability to effectively manage dependencies and remove obstacles to ensure team productivity
Why work at HealthIM
We are building stronger communities by providing software that police officers use during mental health crisis calls. Every police service we work with is dedicated to supporting their community and each member of our team is committed to helping enhance these efforts. We hold each other accountable, support each other and work collaboratively in an open and candid environment. Ultimately, at HealthIM our goal is to make a difference in the day to day encounters between officers and their communities.
This is a unique career opportunity to have a substantial impact on communities large and small as part of a rapidly growing software company. We value excellence as our efforts directly influence how police support individuals in crisis. If you want the responsibility of project ownership, the freedom to learn and grow, and the opportunity to make change, then this is the position for you.
Posting Open: Immediate
Posting Closes: Monday 29 July @ 9:00 am
Application Form: https://forms.gle/PT3r2DqvCSipwpWs8