Director, Product Design
- Waterloo, ON
- Job Function
- Design & UX
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
The telecom industry has far too long been dominated by the big, the bureaucratic and the unimaginative. Now is the time for someone to take this industry on with something better.
We are a software company in a carrier world – changing the industry by providing what others cannot - a better user experience, better customer service, continual innovation, and most importantly – transparent pricing.
We are looking for a Director of Product Design to join our team and help us in our mission to create the most exceptional phone service that changes the way people communicate.
Reporting to the CEO, you will play a pivotal role on our leadership team, responsible for Design.
What You Will Do:
- Manage and grow a team of designers while providing development, mentorship, and excitement to exceed team and company goals
- Bring your unique artist DNA to TextNow to elevate our design direction
- Contribute to our business goals with creative, analytical, and strategic product thinking
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally with engineering, product, and other teams
- Continue to define the design vision and philosophy
- At least 10+ years experience
- Demonstrated experience managing and growing a team of product designers while providing development, mentorship, and excitement to exceed team and department goals
- You consider yourself a generalist, with solid fundamentals across UI/UX design & research, visual design, and interaction design
- Strong communication, presentation, and client management skills across a diverse group of stakeholders
- High-level knowledge of design tools including Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, and any other tools needed
- Worked on mobile-focused consumer products
- Impactful work
- Professional development
- TextNow-powered smartphone
- Competitive total compensation package
- Catered breakfast & lunch
- Onsite personal trainer, massage therapist, and Yoga instructor!
TextNow is committed to fostering a welcoming, accessible, respectful and inclusive environment ensuring equal access and participation for people with disabilities. We are committed to treating people with disabilities in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence.
We believe in integration, and we are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner and creating a barrier-free environment. We will do so by removing and preventing barriers to accessibility. Please let us know if you have an accessibility need at email@example.com