As the Infrastructure Architect, you will provide top-level strategic infrastructure architectural orchestration and guidance for the organization, to ‘translate’ business and application systems needs into technical infrastructure designs. You will directly or indirectly lead specific subject matter experts in various Infrastructure domains to bring together comprehensive solution designs to support highly complex, digital-business driven requirements. Most importantly, you will gain organizational commitment for all high-level IT infrastructure plans and initiate and participate in projects to evaluate technologies and methods for implementing these plans.
Success in this role will require a commitment to continually improving; going further and saying “no” to sloppy. Making a customer or peer’s day, owning the problem, and a willingness to roll up one’s sleeves is essential. A strong focus on customer and team is key; the ability to their work seriously but themselves a little less so as well as constantly striving to build bridges. Jump on the chance to be part of one of Kitchener-Waterloo’s Top Employers for 2019!
What you’ll do:
- Provide overall direction, guidance, and definition of IT infrastructure architecture and effectively support the company business strategy through project delivery and operational excellence
- Work with business and IT leaders to understand business and technology requirements supporting IT infrastructure designs
- Establish design and architectural principles and practices, support a standardized approach and consistent outcomes in building of IT infrastructure designs
- Support enterprise architecture processes and principles across organization
- Develop, document, communicate, and enforce relevant infrastructure standards, policies, and roadmaps
- Design infrastructure services to ensure an effective uptime to meet a 24x7 business systems infrastructure, appropriate capacity, and functional performance
- Ensure the overall conceptual completeness of technical solutions designs
- Provides indirect (‘dotted-line’) leadership of multi-disciplinary IT infrastructure team members in the building out of strategies, roadmaps, practices, standards, and designs.
- Mentor and lead other technical resources on the team
- Provides architecture consulting and ‘tier-4’ technical consulting expertise, direction, and assistance to systems engineers, analysts and administrators
- Establish, monitor and meet key performance indicators in support of IT infrastructure and Company operational metrics
- Key stakeholder in and responsibility to IT governance activities and processes inclusive of Change Advisory Board and Technology Governance Committee.
- Jointly responsible and accountable for asset, vendor, and financial management activities
- Perform constant evaluation and research of relevant trends and issues
- Actively participate in IT infrastructure, architecture and services community
- Prepare IT to shared infrastructure platforms presentations and management information, and communicates to all levels within in the company up to and including Sr. Management
What you’ll need:
- A minimum of 10 years in IT
- 5 years in a senior technical design leadership role
- Microsoft, VMWare, Cisco or similar technical certifications
- ITIL v3 Foundations certification a strong asset
- Expert knowledge and experience leading the design of IT infrastructure domains, including at least four (4) of: Wintel, virtualization, storage, backup, data/voice/converged networks, desktop and Public cloud technologies.
- Superior knowledge and experience managing and implementing business technology resiliency / high-availability designs and operations, inclusive of front-end (web and mobile) and back-end supporting capabilities
- Expert understanding of typical multi-tier architectures: web services, database management systems, enterprise service bus, loose coupling / stateless systems, content delivery, etc.
- Strong experience with defining and managing architecture and technology standards and governance. Experience with enterprise architecture frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman, Gartner, etc.) and best practices is a very strong asset
- Knowledge of and experience with information security practices and principles as applicable to implementing within IT infrastructure designs
- Expert knowledge and experience of Microsoft technologies
- Solid knowledge of and experience with infrastructure systems management processes and practices including monitoring, scripting, patching, and maintenance
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills with focus and attention to detail
- Exceptional innovator and critical thinker.
- Strong familiarity and experience with the software development lifecycle, and agile, lean, and DevOps principles and practices
- Knowledge, familiarity and experience with enterprise architecture best practices, concepts and principles
- Superior communication, negotiation and persuasion skills
- Strong ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams towards common goals.
- Manager extremely critical and sensitive information with the strictest confidentiality and privacy
- An outstanding team player, focused on customer service excellence, technical execution, diligence to the process, and doing the right thing
More search results
BI Data Architect
Conestoga College Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning
IT Support Technician
Upper Grand District School Board
Field Support Engineer
Data Platform Engineer
Gore Mutual Insurance Company
Senior Application Developer - Community Portals
Wawanesa Mutual Insurance Company