Senior Web Developer
Looking for an exciting and challenging career opportunity in web development? Look no further!
Put your knowledge of the latest technologies to work creating solutions to some of the insurance industry’s toughest challenges. Work directly with key leaders to understand their business needs, advise them on how technology can support their strategies, and build innovative responses to today’s problems and tomorrow’s opportunities.
We work using a wide variety of web and mobile possibilities using .NET 4.7, .NET Core, VS2017, Code First Entity framework, Angular 6, Cordova, HTML5, CSS3 and other evolving technologies.
Your team is a diverse band of talented, engaged and fun professionals who thrive on finding a better way. Your work will be part of changing the way Equitable helps clients get the help they need when they need it most.
What we offer:
- A healthy work/life balance and employee wellness. Exhausted developers are bad developers. We want you to enjoy your life outside of work
- A great bonus structure and generous vacation allowance
- We care about your career and foster a culture of learning. We provide dedicated time to improve your skills, lunch and learns, online and live courses, knowledge sharing between team members, and many more opportunities
- We value open, honest communication between team members, challenging each other to continually improve
- We take our work seriously, but ourselves a little less so. Events are planned throughout the year to celebrate our successes, be it backyard BBQs, bowling, or game nights
- A company subsidized cafeteria with a variety of daily options
- Flexible work arrangements and remote work arrangements for those who meet the distance qualification. We also give an additional day off each year so that you can spend that time helping a charitable organization
What you'll do:
- Lead a team of developers to design and program high-performance, scalable web applications and database solutions
- Recommend and implement system designs based on long-term IT organization strategy
- Work closely with systems analysts and QA to develop alternative solutions to meet business needs
- Analyze production system problems and recommend workable solutions
- Investigate and solve production problems with minimal to no guidance
- Research and recommend technologies to the team and management to help keep our tech stack up-to-date
- Mentor junior and intermediate team members in good coding practices and new technologies
What you'll need:
- High level of proficiency in ASP.NET MVC and C# and/or VB.Net with at least 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience leading other developers on projects; task and priority setting, working with business partners, etc.
- Significant knowledge in HTML, DHTML, CSS, Ajax
- Experience with SOAP and/or RESTful services
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and Transact SQL with at least 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience with ORMs like Entity Framework is an asset
- A working knowledge of XML and JSON
- Experience with package managers (e.g. npm, bower) an asset
- Hands on experience using testing frameworks for both client and server code (ie. NUnit, Jasmine, etc.)
- Experience in Mobile web development an asset
- Degree or diploma in Computer Science or a related field