What's the job about?
As a Backend Developer at Auvik, you will be part of a fast-paced team developing software to change network management. You will be a key member of our backend team, writing code throughout our entire code base - from writing drivers that communicate with network equipment to improving our algorithms for determining network topology.
What will I be doing?
Owning the entire development process from design to release while working with Product Management, DevOps and QA
- Writing robust code and demonstrating its robustness through automated tests
- Rapidly creating prototypes, synthesizing feedback, and developing production quality features
- Improving existing system performance, reliability, and scalability
What hands-on skills do I need?
Software development experience with Scala, Java or C/C++
What else are you looking for?
- Proven ability to crank out code!
- Ability to drive projects to completion
- Self-starter that thrives in fast-paced, dynamic environments
- Working knowledge of computer networking
Are there bonus points?
Yes! We’ll give your application extra credit if you have one or more of these skills:
- Experience with Akka, or the Play! framework
- Knowledge of the IT or networking industries
Auvik is a venture-backed software company that's changing the way IT service providers manage their client networks. We were recently named to the ChannelE2E 100 list, which identifies top disruptors and innovators in the IT channel. Awesome or bust — those are words we live by. We're headed all the way to the top and looking for people with the smarts, talent, and drive to join us. Are you up for it?
For more information, visit www.auvik.com.