At Terminal, we build skilled remote engineering teams for the top companies in tech. We partner with the leading VC-backed technology companies from Silicon Valley and around the world to launch and scale technical teams in Canada. Terminal represents these firms in the market, provides beautiful campuses, fully loaded benefits and services, and world-class recruiting to build unparalleled teams. We are the catalyst for the next generation of startups to scale and grow their global footprint and pride ourselves on surpassing expectations for speed and quality. We are a group of scrappy, get-the-job-done types with a common mission to bring awesome opportunities to the best talent.
As a Talent Acquisition Coordinator at Terminal, you will support the Talent Acquisition team and interact with all levels within the organization in order to execute the recruitment process, as well as support special projects. You will have a direct impact on the candidate journey and be the expert in scheduling and coordinating interviews.
What You’ll Do:
- Scheduling and coordinating onsite and off-site interviews in a timely fashion.
- Reserving interview space in various locations.
- Handling logistics of out of town candidates, including hotel accommodations and registration with travel agencies.
- Reaching out to interviewers, recruiters, recruiting coordinators, and executive assistants to finalize lineups.
- Double checking all interviews for accuracy prior to handing them off to the Talent Acquisition Partner to be executed and recognizing potential problems.
- Creating a hightouch, “best in class” candidate experience.
- Updating candidate status in applicant tracking system.
- Fielding questions and scheduling requests from employees throughout the organization.
- Performing various ad hoc duties, including background verification via third party vendor.
- Upholding a high level of confidentiality at all times.
- Preparing and sending new hire paperwork to candidates ensuring legislation requirements are met.
- Write and post job descriptions on various career websites.
- Demonstrate flexibility and problem-solving abilities to adjust or prioritize schedules based on last-minute change.
- Work closely in a team environment with the ability to partner with diverse teams and across multiple locations.
- Stay up-to-date with current recruiting methods.
- Attend job fairs and careers events.
- Support the Talent Acquisition team in a variety of recruitment activities.
- Manage a variety of additional tasks, which may include: travel & expense support, background investigations, and other reporting as needed.
What We Are Looking For:
- 2+ years experience in a coordination function, preferably in recruitment.
- Flexibility: able to shift tasks and priorities in a big way at the drop of a hat; comfortable working with ambiguity.
- Team Player with the ability connect and interact with different types of people.
- Exceptional problem solving, time management, and organizational skills.
- Experience with GoogleSuite, including calendar functions.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to blend friendliness and professionalism.
- Lateral thinking with incredible attention to detail.
- Ability to exercise discretion, work independently, and adapt quickly to new systems.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Skilled at effectively managing and prioritizing escalations or business critical situations.
- Ability to prioritize and complete projects within deadline.
- Facility with tools and technology.
What you’ll get:
- An early spot at a fast growing company that is changing the future of work, talent and growing companies.
- Exposure to early stage companies; you can help build a team for the next big thing.
- Potentially a huge level up in your experience. We’ll make sure you see a lot of growth in your skill set.
- Competitive compensation, benefits, equity, and salary.
- A tight-knit team, a beautiful workspace and the responsibility and freedom to improve on the process.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Terminal is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
We thank all applicants for their interest.