Business Development Lead, Programs and Sponsorship
Communitech was founded in 1997 by a group of entrepreneurs committed to making Waterloo Region a global innovation leader. At the time it was crazy talk, but somehow this community managed to pull it off. Today, Communitech is a public-private innovation hub that supports a community of more than 1400 companies — from startups to scale-ups to large global players.
Communitech helps tech companies start, grow and succeed in three distinct ways.
- Communitech is a place – the center of gravity for entrepreneurs and innovators. A clubhouse for building cool shit and great companies.
- Communitech delivers programs – helping companies at all stages with access to capital, customers and talent. We are here to help them grow and innovate.
- Communitech partners in building a world-leading ecosystem – making sure we have all the ingredients (and the brand) to go from a small startup to a global giant.
We’re looking to add some amazing people to this team. People who believe in the Communitech mission and are willing to do what it takes to help our members succeed. If you think big, but are always willing to push a broom, then we’d love to hear from you. Wonder what it’s like to work at Communitech? Watch this video! https://www.communitech.ca/corporate-stuff/careers/
Working closely with the business development teams at Communitech, the Business Development Lead, Programs and Sponsorship is responsible for selling programs and potentially sponsorships, assist in lead generation wile assessing client needs and ensure operational alignment. Reporting to the Head of Business Development, the successful candidate will help support revenue targets through their excellent customer relationship abilities and strong communications skills.
This role will have the following key aspects:
- 60% Sales of programs and potentially sponsorship
- 25% Client follow-up and ensuring customer satisfaction
- 15% Maintenance of Salesforce.com information and accurate business development metrics
- Identify decision makers within targeted leads to begin a solution based selling process
- Schedule follow-up meetings between internal Communitech staff and external Clients. Prepare client proposals for presentation, including metrics from Salesforce.com
- Maintain and expand the Communitech SalesForce.com data to capture customer data
- Exceed fiscal financial growth targets through increased revenue and new partner engagement
- Ensure follow-up by passing engagement opportunities to internal staff with profile information and action plans.
- Follow up with new and existing clients to ensure they are current on new programming opportunities.
- Appropriately communicate Communitech’s brand.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years business development experience
- Evidence of success in achieving performance objectives through identifying business opportunities and developing relationships.
- Strong communication skills.
- Self-motivated, passion and enthusiasm.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Previous experience in Salesforce an asset
- Active listener and critical thinker
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com before July 17.
We thank all applicants in advance; however only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications will be kept confidential. Communitech is a diverse and inclusive environment and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, including aboriginal persons, francophones, members of sexual minority groups, persons with disabilities, visible minorities and women. We will provide any requested accommodation to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.