Frontend Software Developer
What's the job about?
We need your help to design and develop the web-based user interface of our network management tool. Our tool collects gobs and gobs of data about our clients' networks, and our task is to figure out ways to display that data in ways that are helpful, intuitive, efficient, and elegant.
What will I be doing?
Every day will keep you hopping with a mix of projects. You might:
- Grab some new data from our huge data source and help our customers interpret it. Is it best represented with a graph, a chart, a grid, a heat map? You decide, then implement it using a visualization library like D3.
- Show us your server-side chops by implementing a back-end component to support the cool visuals you want to display.
- Build a workflow that helps IT administrators diagnose and fix problems on their networks. Figure out how to alert them when something has gone wrong and guide them through the steps to a fix. What's the best user experience?
- Work closely with the rest of the team to brainstorm and problem solve visualization challenges.
What hands-on skills do I need?
- Intermediate: jQuery, Bootstrap, Backbone, D3, or similar web frameworks
- Beginner to intermediate: Experience writing server software
What else are you looking for?
- A passion for creating beautiful and useful products
- Pride in your ability to write clean, strong code
- A willingness to be creative, try new things, and take informed risks
- Consistently awesome work, delivered to deadline
- A comfort level with working on a whole bunch of different things at once
- Someone friendly, with a positive attitude
Auvik is a venture-backed software company that's changing the way IT service providers manage their client networks. We were recently named to the ChannelE2E 100 list, which identifies top disruptors and innovators in the IT channel. Awesome or bust — those are words we live by. We're headed all the way to the top and looking for people with the smarts, talent, and drive to join us. Are you up for it?
For more information, visit www.auvik.com.