Maplesoft is the leading provider of high-performance software tools for engineering, science, and mathematics. Maplesoft Engineering Solutions provide advanced tools and services for system simulation, calculation management, and systems engineering, helping organizations maximize the power of their engineering knowledge so they can complete their projects quickly and successfully.
The Maplesoft product suite includes Maple™, for technical computing and calculation management, MapleSim™, the advanced system-level modeling and simulation tool, and MapleMBSE, which supports a model based systems engineering approach to requirements management. Maplesoft products and services are used in machine design, robotics, aerospace, automotive, industrial automation, and many other fields where engineers face complex challenges. Key applications include the creation of digital twins, dynamic analysis of mechanisms, battery systems modeling, heat transfer modeling, and bus fleet electrification.
We are currently looking for an Application Engineer to join our dynamic AE team.
The Application Engineer (AE) at Maplesoft is a unique individual who is motivated by challenging problems, draws on a combination of strong technical background, and possesses exceptional communications and customer-interaction skills.
- As part of the AE team, you will provide the technical solutions for industrial, research, and academic customers.
- You will develop engaging demonstrations, build persuasive proof-of-concept applications, and ensure post-sale success as our customer deploys the solution.
- Holder of a Master’s or PhD in Engineering, you compliment your particular area of specialization with broad understanding of engineering principles.
- You have sufficient understanding of the concepts in system-level modeling, deepened by experiences in one or more modeling and simulation software.
- You are familiar with the concepts of physical modeling, acausal modeling, multi-domain systems, and system level modeling in general.
- Experience with Maple and Maple programming language and/or Modelica would be an asset.
- You bring experience in developing dynamic models of engineering physical systems; mechanical, mechatronics, electrical, and control are key areas.
- You have effective presentation, public speaking, and writing skills and are willing and able to travel.
Working at Maplesoft
Our teams build world-class software and services for system simulation, calculation management and systems engineering. Our product suite reflects the philosophy that given great tools, people can do great things!
Maplesoft offers a collaborative culture and the opportunity to work on some of the most innovative and exciting projects in the industry. We are committed to providing every employee with professional growth opportunities, a supportive work environment, and excellent compensation and benefits. Our Waterloo, Ontario office provides Corporate Concierge Service and an onsite, fully equipped fitness facility.