As a Software Developer on our Product Development team, you will work with our technical and business leadership on one or more of our industry leading detection and response cybersecurity products. You will bring your passion for software craftsmanship and knowledge of current and emerging technology and design patterns in software development to deliver high quality solutions to the cybersecurity threats affecting our customers. At eSentire, we work collaboratively in an open, transparent development culture. All team members are encouraged and expected to interact with Product Managers, fellow Developers, Testers, and other stakeholders throughout the product development lifecycle.
What we want to see:
- A high degree of energy and enthusiasm for cybersecurity challenges and an interest in solutions through exceptional software
- A pragmatic approach to problem solving (knowing how to balance time vs. effort vs. perfection)
- Desire and ability to work collaboratively in a transparent and team-based culture
- An appreciation for quality, craftsmanship, work ethic, and perseverance
What you will be doing:
- Add product quality and customer value through sound development practices
- Create and improve clean, accurate, maintainable, and testable code, often working in tandem with Product Managers, fellow Developers, Designers, and UX team
- Participate in agile project execution - daily stand ups, code reviews and product demos
- Apply excellent communications skills, creativity and practical knowledge to benefit our customers and to effectively represent our company
- Identify opportunities to improve solutions, approaches and offer constructive suggestions for positive change
- System analysis, design, coding and testing of new features
- Re-factor and maintain existing code, where necessary
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Enjoy OO Design and Development
- Prefer delivering continuous value through agile and lean delivery methodologies
- Be comfortable working within highly collaborative teams
- Effectively communicate ideas and designs (both written and verbal)
Nice-to-Have one or more of:
- Have a BSc in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering
- Experience working with scripting languages, Python or Ruby preferred
- Experience with Django or Node.js web frameworks
- Experience with NoSQL stores like MongoDB, CouchDB, ES, Apache Solr, Cassandra, HBase, Hadoop
- Experience with messaging middleware or stream processors like RabbitMQ, Apache Storm, or Apache Kafka
- Experience with Linux container technology and its management platforms like Apache Mesos, Google Kubernetes or similar platforms
- Experience with distributed file storage and filesystems like HDFS and similar
Why a Career with eSentire?
About us: eSentire® is an industry leader, providing managed threat detection and response services to mid-sized organizations, keeping them safe from constantly evolving cyber-attacks that traditional security defenses simply can’t detect. eSentire combines people, process and proprietary technology to deliver an unmatched, premium level service that hunts, detects, remediates and communicates sophisticated cyber threats in real-time, 24X7.
Protecting more than $5 trillion in Assets under Management (AuM), eSentire is the award-winning choice for security decision-makers in mid-size enterprise. eSentire has received multiple accolades for exceptional service, which includes HFM (Hedge Fund Manager) Service Provider awards, Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50™ and Fast 500™ , and included in Gartner, Inc.’s list of “Cool Vendors” in the Cool Vendors in Cloud Security Services, report. For more information visit www.esentire.com and follow @esentirecareers.
Our Culture: At eSentire we work in a collaborative and innovative work environment. We work with brilliant and passionate people who strive and encourage others to do their best. eSentire’s idea-rich environment welcomes creative and sometimes unconventional perspectives!
Growth Opportunities: At eSentire you will have the opportunity to grow and make an impact from your work. We encourage innovation in all who become a part of our team. With growing operations internationally, there is lots of lateral and upward advancement opportunities for rewarding and developing careers with eSentire. We’re strong believers in continuing education and provide the resources that you need to continue learning.
Employee Perks: Every day we provide free breakfast and refreshments, flexible hours, half day off birthdays, concierge services, RRSP matching program, subsidies for continuing education and health and wellness and attractive compensation and benefit plans. We make it our obligation to the team here to stay current with compensation trends in the tech field!
We thank all applicants in advance for applying. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
eSentire is committed to creating a fair work environment that is aligned with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We guarantee equal treatment and provide opportunities regardless of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these basis. If you have any accessibility requirements during the recruitment process, please reach out to our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org and any accommodation needs will be addressed upon request.