Do you want to shape and influence the strategic initiatives that keep humanity safe from cyberthreats for millions of consumers around the globe every single day? At McAfee, we’re changing the way we deliver products to our consumers and partners by putting the customer at the forefront of everything we do. As a Senior User Experience (UX) Researcher, you will strategically advance how McAfee ideates, builds, improves and measures its consumer products. Specifically, you will bring the power of empathy and data together to create extraordinary experiences that literally protect the world.
From the device to cloud, McAfee provides cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building the best in class robust and scalable security products for consumer and enterprise customers.
About the Role
- Design and conduct research studies across multiple products to derive meaningful and actionable insights about our users’ needs, attitudes, behaviors, pain points and preferences
- Collaborate closely with product leaders, designers, developers and other stakeholders to build customer empathy and influence the overall product strategy
- Partner with data analysts to balance quantitative data with qualitative user insights to uncover how our users view security to drive new and existing product experiences
- Present key research findings and recommendations in compelling and creative ways to a diverse audience ranging from product managers to senior executives.
- Obsessed about customers, never settling for good enough and inspiring others on the team to do the same
- 5+ years of customer research expertise, preferably with consumer products
- You enjoy collaborative work in a dynamic, creative and data-driven environment
- Experience conducting semi-structured interviews, contextual field visits, usability studies- either live or remote (e.g. Usertesting.com and Validately)
- Familiar with lean experimentation and design thinking
- Quantitative research experience would be a great asset
- BA/BS degree, masters degree preferrred