Schema App is on a mission to translate the world’s web content to be understood by search engines, voice assistants and augmented reality. We are experts and the go-to professional solution for the super niche, geeky search optimization practice called Schema Markup. We work with the world’s leading search teams to automate their schema markup creation, maintenance, and management process so that they can leverage the data to add more business value.
Schema App has been growing really fast. To help us in this next phase of growth, Schema App is looking for a rockstar Sales Engineer to join our ranks. In this role, the ideal candidate has a combination of killer technical skills and a passion for working with people.
You would be responsible for supporting the sales team with your expertise in our solution, security, and problem solving. This role will require you to learn Schema App inside and out, be able to ask questions and learn about client’s web/data infrastructure and design how we can help them optimize their content and enhance their analytics.
What does a typical day look like?
Your days will be spent supporting the sales team as a solution expert, and creating helpful documentation to support the technical sales process. When deals close, you will work with the Customer Success team to brief and support them in onboarding the new account. Each engagement will be different since customers range in size to mid to very large.
Core Responsibilities Include:
- Translate customer needs in high-level solutions design.
- Connect with Development team, Product Manager, and Customer Success to understand products, technologies, and services.
- Continuously help develop our solutions by providing feedback from the field.
- Prepare proposals based on customer needs.
- Conduct training and technical workshops for Customers, Partners and internal teams
- Create documents and How-to’s to help explain our products and value
- Understand competitor offerings and provide input to the sales team on product positioning and differentiation.
- Represent Schema App in community forums and customer facing events
- Serve as a Schema App integration and security expert for the internal teams, the Partner teams and our customer/Prospect base
- Perform both high-level as well as in-depth technical presentations for customers, partners and prospects illustrating the value of Schema App and the technical capabilities.
- Answer questions from customers and partners in the sales process.
- Get customer buy-in by explaining or demonstrating solutions and integration methods
Do you have…?
- Experience working with customers
- Awesome communication (in person and one the phone), interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Great at Problem Solving
- Ability to learn. Understand web technology concepts – ie. Schema Markup
- Motivated, positive attitude, eager to learn, strong work ethic
- Experience in security, or SaaS solutions.
- Passionate about working for a startup
- Like Burritos and/or coffee.
- Love to work downtown in the funky New Petrie Building, 15 Wyndham Street North, Guelph, Ontario.
What our team responded when we asked them why they like working for Schema App
- “I like that we have a dynamic team that lets us iterate quickly to constantly improve our products.”
- “Life/Work balance is a priority with weekly One-on-One meetings ensuring that the team’s head and hearts are doing well and we are set up for success.”
- “By far is the people. I think we have a great team who respect each other and spontaneously collaborate, truly smart people, and, well, sensible and personable management. The corporate culture isn’t forced, it’s natural.”
We offer competitive salaries, full benefits and additional compensation for performance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company and our office is accessible. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Interested? Send your resume and unique ability to firstname.lastname@example.org.