Schema App is on a mission to translate the world’s web content to be understood by search engines, voice assistants and augmented reality. We are experts and the go-to professional solution for the super niche, geeky search optimization practice called Schema Markup. We work with the world’s leading search teams to automate their schema markup creation, maintenance, and management process so that they can leverage the data to add more business value.
Schema App has been growing really fast. To help us in this next phase of growth and tech, Schema App is looking for a rockstar Data Scientist to join our ranks. In this role, the ideal candidate is a skilled data analyst with a second-to-none understanding of data mining and visualization.
The role is integral to our Product, as you will report to the Head of Product, Mark van Berkel. You will help steer product development decisions, craft the analytics product offering and help the team execute on plans in Schema App’s development roadmap. You will help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help us and our clients make smarter decisions to grow their business. This role will focus on applying data mining techniques, statistical analysis, and building high-quality prediction systems integrated with our products.
Core Responsibilities Include:
- Ask and answer the highest-impact recurrent clients’ questions with our data
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Extending the company’s data with third-party sources of information
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
Do you have…?
- Previous experience using Apache Spark or Flink
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as Word Vectors, RNN, CNN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Experience in at least one of the common data science toolkits is highly desirable, such as Tensorflow, R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab, etc
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as D3.js, Tableau, QlikView, Matplotlib, or Data Studio.
- Experience with Semantic Web technologies, such as SPARQL, RDF, and Ontologies
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Good scripting and programming skills, e.g. Java, Scala or Python
- Great communication and teamwork skills
- Data-oriented personality
What our team responded when we asked them why they like working for Schema App
- “I like that we have a dynamic team that lets us iterate quickly to constantly improve our products.”
- “Life/Work balance is a priority with weekly One-on-One meetings ensuring that the team’s head and hearts are doing well and we are set up for success.”
- “By far is the people. I think we have a great team who respect each other and spontaneously collaborate, truly smart people, and, well, sensible and personable management. The corporate culture isn’t forced, it’s natural.”
We offer competitive salaries, full benefits and additional compensation for performance.
We work in a cool new Petrie Building in downtown Guelph building at 15 Wyndham Street North.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company and our office is accessible. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Interested? Please send your resume and unique ability to email@example.com.