Schema App is on a mission to translate the world’s web content to be understood by search engines, voice assistants and other machines. We are experts and the go-to professional solution for the super niche, geeky search optimization practice called Schema Markup. We work with the world’s leading search teams to automate their schema markup creation, maintenance, and management process so that they can leverage the data to add more business value.
This role will be on our Development team, reporting to Mark van Berkel, our technical co-founder and COO. The role will be focused on building out Schema App’s main application server and web service APIs. You will have an instrumental role in the next phase of our company, as we build new integrations and mature our enterprise solutions. There are lots of interesting technical challenges with no shortage of opportunities to grow your technical chops in new and existing tech. We need a smart, collaborative team player, who works fast and is hungry to make a big difference with a small company.
Core Responsibilities Include:
- Improvements to our main application server to add features and extend the ontological models.
- Improvements to Web Service API server.
- Design and/or develop our next CMS integration project (such as Adobe Experience Manager, SiteCore, etc).
- Diagnose problems and fix complex issues that rely on multiple interacting systems.
- Refactor existing software solutions to make it more scalable, secure and reliable.
- Improve the automated testing, help with continuous deployment infrastructure.
- Provide technical support and bug fixes for users.
- Solve technical problems to support the business.
Do you have…?
- Interest in the Semantic Web or Graph technologies (Graph Databases, RDF, SPARQL, Knowledge Graph, WikiData and Schema.org).
- Knowledge of custom development for Content Management Systems helpful (e.g. WordPress, Drupal, Shopify, Magento, Adobe Experience Manager, Oracle Marketing Cloud)
- Experience with Web Development Technologies (PHP Symfony or Laravel, CSS)
- Exposure to Amazon Web Services (EC2, Beanstalk, Lambda).
Note: If you have an interest in learning these areas of technology, and have some experience in software development, apply! Let us know what you know today and why you want to learn this new area of tech!
What our team responded when we asked them why they like working for Schema App
- “I like that we have a dynamic team that lets us iterate quickly to constantly improve our products.”
- “Life/Work balance is a priority with weekly One-on-One meetings ensuring that the team’s head and hearts are doing well and we are set up for success.”
- “By far is the people. I think we have a great team who respect each other and spontaneously collaborate, truly smart people, and, well, sensible and personable management. The corporate culture isn’t forced, it’s natural.”
We offer competitive salaries, full benefits and additional compensation for performance.
We work in a cool new Petrie Building in downtown Guelph building at 15 Wyndham Street North.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company and our office is accessible. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Send resume, GitHub or Project example and unique ability to firstname.lastname@example.org.