Administrator / End-user Support Specialist
Submission Deadline: July 14, 2019
Full-time permanent position with benefits
Located in Guelph, the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC) processes applications for admission to undergraduate, law, medical, rehabilitation sciences and teacher education programs for Ontario’s universities. We provide a progressive and supportive working environment for our employees, along with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits. Read more about the OUAC at: www.ouac.on.ca/about-employment/.
The OUAC is an equal opportunity employer with equitable and accessible employment practices, based on the principles specified in Ontario legislation (Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act [AODA]). Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request.
The OUAC is seeking an Administrator / End-user Support Specialist to work within a small team to support end users and their associated hardware and software.
- Provide technical support and training to end users of OUAC’s computer systems
- Support the Centre’s server, workstation and peripheral infrastructure
- Purchase computer hardware, software, and services, as well as maintaining on-going maintenance contracts
- Participation in various annual audits
- Participation in various annual process and readiness tests
- Provisioning and deprovisioning end-user accounts in OUAC’s various computing environments
- University degree (or college diploma) in computer science / operations or experience deemed to be equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years of progressive work experience in computer operations / end user support
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to express technical topics in plain language
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Expertise in computer networking
- Expertise in Windows 10, Windows Server (2016 and 2019), Windows patching with WSUS, PowerShell, GPOs and Active Directory
- Expertise in Office 365, Visio, Project and Teams
- Expertise in common 3rd party Windows applications like putty, KeePass, WinSCP, Symantec AV, all modern browsers, Adobe, text editors like UltraEdit, etc.
- Understanding of the basics of change control
- Understanding of the basics of best practices in computer security
- Understanding of account management (provisioning and de-provisioning) in Linux, Windows, as well as best practices related to account management
Qualifications Considered an Asset:
- Experience with Bugzilla, Java, RJS document imaging, Redhat / OEL Linux, bash scripting, Perl scripting, identity management, Nutanix, VMware, IBM I, automation (puppet, chef or ansible)
Hours of work: Monday to Friday, approximately 35 hours per week with possibility of occasional additional hours. Hours may be shifted outside of normal office hours.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply to “Job 301” via email by Sunday, July 14, 2019 at midnight, to email@example.com.
Please submit your cover letter and resume as one file (PDF preferred). We thank all applicants for applying; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.