- Marketing - Digital Experience Developer
- Sun Life Financial
- Toronto, Ontario
- Jun 27, 2017
- Job Function
- PR & Communications, Marketing
- Job Type
- Full time
Marketing - Digital Experience Developer
Do you believe in aiming high and helping people achieve financial success? What better place than the Digital Experience team at Sun Life Financial - the leader in the financial services industry.
Sun Life is a workplace where supportive culture thrives, we offer accommodating schedule and an environment where colleagues recognize your potential, and encourage you to flourish. You will be challenged to be your best, every day. We want you to innovate, to lead, to aspire. At Sun Life’s Group Retirement Services we live and breathe finances. Helping Canadians save for their financial goals is our mission. On the Digital Experience team we are focused on developing new solutions that make it easy for our customers to save with our services, and increase their financial literacy.
Your high level responsibilities will include:
- Leading digital projects. You will be responsible for translating business needs into technical requirements and providing subject matter expertise to implement digital solutions and achieve business goals.
- Communicating your expertise clearly. You’ll be an active advocate for a simple and helpful digital member experience. You will need to communicate digital best practices with ability to influence others.
- Building strong relationships with key stakeholders to ensure a collaborative approach when planning and implementing initiatives
Do you have the characteristics?
- Are energetic, helpful, and responsible
- Have a positive attitude
- Able to work and influence people from diverse backgrounds and levels throughout the organization. Practice discretion and diplomacy in dealing with stakeholders.
- Analytical and a problem solver
- Getting to the cause of the problem and finding ways to fix it. You will be presented with challenges daily; you should be able to come up with solutions and recommendations to solve them.
- Collaborative team player
- You will work closely with your team members every day
- Enjoy a fast-paced environment
- Can deliver results quickly without compromising quality
- Enjoy learning about finances and digital solutions
- Believe and practice continuous improvement
- Identify opportunities for doing things better and faster. Then implement those opportunities
- A go-getter
- Embrace challenges and growth opportunities
- Take pride in your work
- Organized, can manage time, and commit to timelines
- Juggle competing priorities when required
- Can communicate effectively
- Able to convey your opinion and/or expertise clearly and concisely in a constructive and professional manner
- Are interested in technology trends, and digital innovation
Do you have the qualifications?
- Project management skills
You will be participating in and leading digital projects. Providing expert opinion, managing project timelines, cost and scope is expected of you.
- Graphic design skills
You will be creating wireframes, high fidelity designs for web, training material and mockups.
- Practical web development
You will be coding web pages in HTML, CSS3, and JS.
- User experience design skills
You will be creating interactive web/mobile prototypes in Axure.
- Experience in web publishing via content management systems
- Photoshop and/or Illustrator skills
- Strong Excel knowledge and application
Must have credentials:
- University or college degree
- Practical Web design and coding skills
Nice to have credentials:
- Experience within financial services/insurance industry
- Bilingualism (French)
- Communications certification
- PMP certification