Full Stack Developer - Senior
Smart manufacturing starts with factory automation software
PEER Group® provides the largest portfolio of factory automation software products and services to high-volume manufacturers and equipment makers in the semiconductor, photovoltaics (PV), and electronics industries. We help lower the cost of automation for our customers by solving their most challenging equipment automation, data management, and process control problems.
As a group, we are focused on creating customer success while working in a supportive atmosphere filled with challenges, fun and food. Our workstations were created for ergonomic comfort with cube walls for times when we have to concentrate and huge whiteboards for when we need to collaborate. We like profit sharing and full disclosure Communications Meetings. We recognize the great people we grow by promoting from within.
Full Stack Developer – Engineering Services
Position in Kitchener, ON available immediately
Talented Senior level developer
Working as part of a project team, doing software development in the Semiconductor High Tech industry, you will be involved in all phases of the software engineering process — from requirements gathering, functional specs and design to software development and system testing to travel to customer site for installation.
What’s the challenge?
- Travelling up to 20% of the time to customer sites within North America, Asia and Europe will be required. You must be legally able to travel to the U.S. immediately upon hire.
Design for success
- Engage with customers and work with your team to capture requirements, design, develop, code, and integrate applications using UML, OOD, MS SQL Server, C#, C/C++, Visual Studio .NET.
- Create User Interface Designs with Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) on .NET 4.5.
Make sure it works
- Perform unit testing, support functional and integration testing on code and participate in bug fixes.
- Follow all code and documentation standards.
- Participate in installation and integration of software into the customer system.
- Troubleshooting issues reported from the customer site.
Become an expert
- Learn and utilize PEER Group’s connectivity, automation, and testing products along with the Semiconductor automation software standards.
- Acquire domain knowledge deploying solutions with factory business systems.
- Interact with your team, management, customers, and factory personnel.
- Collaborate with the customer development team to resolve issues on site.
- Work flexible hours or overtime as needed.
What do you need to bring with you?
- Post-secondary education in a technical field (Bachelor of Computer Science, Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Software Programming Diploma, or similar).
- 7+ solid years of working experience in software design and demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Strong coding skills with experience with C#, C/C++, and/or Java in a Software Development role.
- Working knowledge of WPF on .NET 4.5
- Special knowledge of discrete automation with robots or experience writing device drivers an asset.
- Experience with Windows required. Linux and UNIX operating systems experience a bonus.
Extraordinary Problem Solving!
- Mechanical aptitude as you will be integrating and testing interfaces on various types of mechanical hardware, including robots.
- Keen troubleshooting skills with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent English communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with customers and teammates face to face and remotely.
- High commitment to success, ability to multitask within tight deadlines, and a professional demeanor are assumed.
You like the excitement of being part of something new — bringing a new factory or a new tool into production. You enjoy the learning and the teamwork and the challenge of making a large project successful. You know that most good things happen as a result of a carefully managed plan — requirements gathering, sharing of information, commitment to a clear goal, coordinating and communicating the plan for delivery and acceptance — that leads to customer satisfaction.
You’re a problem solver. You have this amazing ability to figure out technology puzzles and get things to work. You pick up new knowledge and assimilate it into what you already know in a way that gives you an edge. When you have a tricky problem in your head, it doesn’t leave you until it’s solved.
You are able to understand other people’s pain – analyze their production loss in terms of time or money so you can make suggestions about how to make the best progress at solving their problem. You will have the opportunity to become an expert in PEER Group connectivity and automation products. You will grow and develop your knowledge of the semiconductor domain to become the go-to person when our customers are in difficulty.
You know that most good things happen as a result of a carefully managed plan—requirements gathering, sharing of information, commitment to a clear goal, coordinating and communicating the plan for delivery and acceptance—that leads to customer satisfaction.
We need your ability to jump on a learning curve, familiarize yourself with the problem space, the industry and the testing tools and get right into customer site work. Come and work in an environment where professionals have a chance to become experts; where you work in a small company environment, but deal in the big leagues. Come to PEER Group.
Please submit your resume by email. To fast track your application, please include an electronic copy of your transcripts with your application via e-mail to Janice Retterath. Visit our careers section for more information on applying to and interviewing with PEER Group.
About PEER Group
PEER Group is headquartered in Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, with an office in Dresden, Germany. A privately-held company, PEER Group currently employs over 145 people worldwide.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made on the basis of ability, qualifications, and performance. We welcome inquiries from everyone and celebrate diversity in our workplace. If you require accommodation in completing the application process please email email@example.com or call HR at 519 749 9554. If you are contacted regarding this position, please advise HR of accommodation measures you may require during our interview process. Of course, we will address these matters with respect and confidentiality.