eConverse Media provides web design and community management services to the association industry. With clients all over the world, every day is a little different and very fast paced. Located in the heart of downtown Kitchener, eConverse is celebrating our 9th anniversary and is busier than ever. We have a casual work environment where everyone is encouraged to “brain jam” on projects, lots of coffee, an office dog and flexible work hours.
We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design mockups to HTML/CSS/jQuery code that will produce the visual elements of the website. You will work closely with the Creative Director and other designers on the team to bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the website looks as well as how it works. We work exclusively with a proprietary CMS, so experience with another CMS is awesome, as long as you are willing to learn.
Our ideal candidate is a self-starting creative thinker who enjoys solving unique UI/UX issues with innovative solutions. They work quickly, with attention to detail and have fun while doing so.
Tasks for this position would include:
- Produce web-ready HTML, CSS, and jQuery based on design mockups
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Implement responsive web design, and responsible principles to ensure that client websites render well across multiple devices/browsers
- Monitor/respond to website performance issues/tickets related to site usability problems and rectify the issues
- Optimize website for maximum speed and scalability
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Assist in creation of documentation for clients
- Assist in some content/layout strategy
- Proficient understanding of current web markup, including HTML and CSS
- Familiarity with software like Adobe Suite, Photoshop and content management systems is a plus
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Understanding of responsive design is a must, web accessibility is a plus
- Understanding of layout aesthetics
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks on a deadline
- Develop and test across multiple browsers, platforms, and devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Participate in discussions with clients and team members about technical best practices and help teams identify optimal technical solutions.