We’re looking for an experienced financial presence to join our Leadership team at DigitalEd. We’re at a critical stage in the growth of our company, maturing out of a start up into funding activities, and we need someone to help us continue this growth with an eye to ensuring financial health and wellbeing. As a member of the senior leadership team this role will be responsible for the execution of the organization's financial management strategy, while providing leadership, direction and guidance to the Accounting Team.
Key Responsibilities in this position:
- Manage and oversee all financial reporting to the Board and external investment communities, provide support and leadership during financial presentations and discussions
- Work alongside the President & CEO to support fundraising activities, working to convey DigitalEd’s financial future to external audiences
- Direct and manage the financial and accounting team, including overseeing budgets, financial forecasting, payroll administration, and cash flow management, in Canada and abroad
- Ensure the appropriate financial and accounting controls are in place, that related policies and processes are in place, both in Canada and abroad, to protect the organization’s assets, control commitments and spending
- Work collaboratively with the Manager, Finance & Accounting in overseeing our financial management system for banking, forecasting, cash flow, reporting and analysis and any related activities
- Collaborate with the Revenue Operations team to ensure monthly and quarterly commission plans are tracked and monitored
- Work with external consultants and auditors, for any and all financial reporting needs
The ideal candidate for this role is an experienced, senior finance leader who knows how to connect with a variety of stakeholders: Board Members, Investors, Senior Leadership and Employees. A professional accounting designation would be preferred, but is not necessary. Experience managing a team as well as contributing to a senior leadership team is required. The right person for this role has experience leading a finance team, taking ownership for the financial health of a business, and being comfortable representing the numbers to the team. Exceptional business partnering skills and the ability to communicate financial concepts easily and effectively to optimize business opportunities is key.
We’re looking for someone with strong communication skills and an understanding of the accuracy and attention to detail required in a senior finance role such as this.
- Data driven, evidence and results oriented
- Understands the value of a collaborative Senior Leadership team, and strives to work well with other Executives and Leaders across the organization to drive growth
- Confident, has the ability to tell the story of our numbers with details and vision, while tailoring their message to the appropriate audience
The Culture Part
The spirit of our aspirational culture is rooted in the concept of ‘No Deposit, No Return’. If you don’t put anything into your professional experience, you won’t get anything out of it. To bring this to life, we believe in the pillars of our core values: Customer Orientation, Curiosity, Teamwork, Adaptability, Ownership, and Coaching. If any of these words strike a chord, then we’ve got something in common.
Read through this posting and not sure if you’re qualified? Apply anyway. You never know where it could go, and we promise to read and review every application that comes through - with a magnifying glass we like to call the ‘Potential’ Detector. Everyone has a great story, and we’d love to hear yours.
Lastly, we know diverse teams make strong teams, so we welcome all individuals of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to apply. If you require accommodation during the application process, simply let us know and we’ll work to ensure it’s a positive experience for you.
The DigitalEd People & Culture Team