Web Application Developer
We are seeking a versatile Web Application Developer to join our IT team. At Scribendi.com, you will participate in mission critical projects and join a small group of forward-thinking software developers working in an agile environment.
You will work with cutting-edge technologies, learn how they are applied in the ecommerce sector, and collaborate extensively with stakeholders and the development team to achieve ambitious goals.
This role is for a fearless self-starter with good communication skills, work ethic, and the ability to participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle. If you dream of creating software that can quickly have a real impact, this job is for you.
Our team style:
- We are a small team of developers working in a profitable and rapidly growing company
- We strive to be innovative and fast-moving and are passionate about getting things done right
- We work collaboratively to grow and learn together
- We are not afraid of difficult problems but carefully choose what we spend time on
What you will do:
- Develop high-volume, highly available, and distributed production web applications
- Provide technical guidance, support, and technical mentorship to other members of the software development team, including code and documentation reviews
- Provide input on infrastructure design for highly available and scalable production applications
Who you are:
- Minimum of three years of professional experience deploying software in production environments
- Ability to write high-quality code that promotes reuse and readability and uses current best practices
- Strong grasp of relational database systems, OOP, MVC web frameworks, and web application security principles
- Good sense of humour
- Act as a Technical Lead as required, including but not limited to, assisting the project lead in allocating tasks to team members and exercising initiative and sound judgment in the execution of project plans and schedules
- Experience developing high-volume, highly available, and distributed production applications using microservices and containerization technologies, such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Have high-level knowledge of the DevOps development lifecycle and software development methodologies
Technologies we use:
- HTML5, CSS3, SASS
- PHP, C#, Python, Perl, Node.js
- MySQL, MongoDB, Redis , Doctrine
- Twig, Smarty, Jade
- Apache, Nginx, Linux
- SVN, Git, Bitbucket
- Symfony, Wordpress, Bootstrap, Composer
- Microservices, Docker, Kubernetes, RabbitMQ
Please apply with a resume and cover letter detailing your experience in relation to the above-stated job requirements as well as your salary expectations.