Athena Software is a leading global provider of SaaS Case Management and Customer Information solutions for diverse health and social service organizations in 15 countries around the world. We are a passionate, customer-centric scale-up based in Waterloo, ON.
We're seeking individuals who are passionate about applying their talents to help deliver on Athena’s mission to be a key enabler of social impact for organizations working to improve the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world. You will be working on products which provide unique, flexible and comprehensive solutions for social service agencies. This spirit is also reflected in our company culture of innovation, collaboration, and commitment to community.
What are the responsibilities?
- Develop new and iterate on existing features and products.
- Build reusable testable code and libraries for future use
- Optimize application for speed and scalability
- Ensure appropriate security, access and data validation
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Troubleshoot application issues with Technical Support and Cloud Operations teams.
Here are the kind of traits we value in our team:
- An attitude of continuous learning
- Ability to operate in an agile, entrepreneurial scale-up environment
- Enjoys working as part of a team
- Desire to take on projects of any size, both big and small
- Values finely crafted code
- Diversity of thought
What skills/experience should you bring?
- Familiarity with all levels of the stack, though you may feel more at home at one level or another.
- Production programming experience, preferably 3 years+.
- Comfortable working with code versioning tools (eg Git, GitHub, Mercurial or SVN)
- Experience working with large relational databases such as PostgreSQL
- Strong proficiency in Java, with large project Java experience
Some 'nice to have' skills or experience, you might also bring:
- Experience working on mobile and cross-browser supported projects.
- Experience working with large SaaS enterprise level products.
- Comfortable configuring and managing Java servlet engines (like Resin, Tomcat, etc.)
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins
Does this sound like you? If so, please apply with a Cover Letter and Resume to the link provided.
Athena Software provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at 866.806.6014 x312 and/or human.resources [AT] athenasoftware.net.