Software Project Manager
Position: Software Project Manager
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Experience: 2-7 Years relevant experience
Education: Undergraduate or college diploma in an Engineering discipline
Division: OTTO Motors
Clearpath provides self-driving vehicle technology and services to over 500 of the world’s most innovative brands. Proprietary hardware, software, and services are delivered through the company’s industrial and research divisions: Clearpath Robotics and OTTO Motors.
We employ a diverse and highly talented team who live and breathe robotics. We believe that work must have a high “cool” factor and every day should bring new knowledge. We need more passionate people on our team who are willing and able to push the boundaries of robotics into focused and practical applications.
Clearpath is automating the world and we need your help. Got what it takes?
About the Job
We are evolving the company everyday, building better software to fit the needs of our customers deployments and shipping more robots everyday. We are in need of need of a detail-oriented project manager who can jump in and help drive software execution across our software team. We need a champion who will work in the product team at Otto Motors and support the product owner in delivering on-time, reliable and consistent software.
As a software group, we have a diverse set of skills and many agile champions however we need someone who will support ongoing process change, educate the software team on best practices and focus on the details as we shift the company into the next gear.
As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating project deliverables working closely with the product and project owners in both hardware and software as we bring OTTO to every factory.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Develop, monitor and maintain sprint and release team commitment
- Monitor progress towards targets software delivery targets and provide weekly status reports.
- Work with team members and leads to decompose future scope early and work to get estimates to support proper prioritization of the backlog
- Enable and encourage team members while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing team members
- Keep outstanding notes and records of technical outcomes and discussions
- Promote best practices, encourage and champion positive change initiatives across the organization.
You want to work for a small company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You want to be surrounded by people like you; creative, fun-loving, and passionate about their work. You are motivated by making an impact on your workplace and you thrive on challenging and rewarding problems. You have common sense and want to be proud of what you are building, releasing and delivering to your customers.
As our next Project Manager, you know how to adapt to changing directions, priorities, and personalities, and be a world-class execution leader. You have exceptional project management experience from previous work placements.
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, business administration, operations, or project management an asset.
- 3-4 years of project management experience from previous work placements (co-ops included)
- Unusually great organizational skills and time management skills
- Conflict resolution and people interface skills
- Proficient JIRA user; experienced agile leader and scrumaster
- Experience working with software engineers
- Flexible, understanding and dedicated to your products with an outstanding ability to stay calm and keep others around you focused in a dynamic evolving environment.
Bonus Points For:
- Mechatronics background, ROS Experience
- Experience working in a factory in any job or role++
- Creative reasons that you believe you can make our team better!
Clearpath is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sex, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process, please contact 1-800-301-3863.