HP is the world’s leading personal systems and printing company, we create technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Our innovation springs from a team of individuals, each collaborating and contributing their own perspectives, knowledge, and experience to advance the way the world works and lives.
We are looking for visionaries, like you, who are have a passion for quality and a desire to take advantage of Cloud technology to transform the industry.
We need you to be a hands-on manager that leads and contributes to the continuous delivery from development to a Cloud deployment and contributes directly to the overall Cloud architecture and design. The tools and use-cases are diverse, and the goal is to increase the development velocity and increasing the efficiency and scalability of an AWS-based Cloud solution. We are looking for engineers who are passionate about Cloud!
- Use your technical skills on a daily basis to support development process.
- Lead and manage a team of engineers.
- Drive for efficiencies and system level cost savings.
- Partner internal HP functions.
- Create a work environment where employees, partners, and peers understand expectations, receive pertinent business information, and can innovate and thrive.
- Provide 24/7 coverage.
- 5+ years of DevOps experience, and driving Devops culture.
- Demonstrated people leadership and development skills including Interpersonal, teamwork, mentoring, technical development, motivational, and communication skills.
- Experience adapting existing applications to work in the cloud.
- Strong skills on development and delivery of cloud-based services. architectures and platforms (RESTful, message-based, eventing, orchestration/choreography, service meshes, Tomcat/Jetty/NodeJS).
- Strong skills on SQL and noSQL platforms (MySQL, MSSQL, MongoDB, Redis, ELK).
- Strong understanding of SDLC, branching strategies, source control ( GitHub, etc.).
- Containerization Experience ( Docker, Kubernetes).
- Strong AWS experience (EC2, RDS, IAM).
- Strong skills on deployment and hosting (Docker, Kubernetes/EKS, Beanstalk, CloudFormation, Chef/automation).
- Strong Scripting experience in one or more of the following languages: Shell, Python, Perl, Php, & PowerShell.
- PKI, SSL Certificate management (and certificate chaining) – OpenSSL, IIS.
- Web hosting experience using Apache, Tomcat, JBoss.
- BS degree or equivalent work experience.
About HP Canada Co.
HP Canada Co. creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HP invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients. HP is Canada’s most sustainable technology company (hp.ca/sustainableimpact) and is the only PC company on Canada’s Greenest employers list in 2019.
Thank you for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today— we are eager to learn more about you! If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job, please refer them.
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description may be amended at any time.
HP Canada Co. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome the many dimensions of diversity. Upon request by qualified candidates, accommodation of special needs may be considered during all stages of the selection process within the framework of the HP Accommodation Policy. If you need assistance in filling out the employment application or require a reasonable accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail email@example.com. Note: This option is reserved for applicants needing a reasonable accommodation related to a disability.
In order to satisfy our contractual obligations with clients, the successful candidate will be required to pass a basic, standard Criminal Records check. You will also be required to sign off on HP's Confidentiality, Non-Solicitation and Conflict of Interest Agreement.