Data Hub Community Coordinator
Communitech was founded in 1997 by a group of entrepreneurs committed to making Waterloo Region a global innovation leader. At the time it was crazy talk, but somehow this community managed to pull it off. Today, Communitech is a public-private innovation hub that supports a community of more than 1500 companies — from startups to scale-ups to large global players.
Communitech helps tech companies start, grow and succeed in three distinct ways.
- Communitech is a place – the center of gravity for entrepreneurs and innovators. A clubhouse for building cool shit and great companies.
- Communitech delivers programs – helping companies at all stages with access to capital, customers and talent. We are here to help them grow and innovate.
- Communitech partners in building a world-leading ecosystem – making sure we have all the ingredients (and the brand) to go from a small startup to a global giant.
We’re looking to add some amazing people to this team. People who believe in the Communitech mission and are willing to do what it takes to help our members succeed. If you think big, but are always willing to push a broom, then we’d love to hear from you. Wonder what it’s like to work at Communitech? Watch this video! https://www.communitech.ca/corporate-stuff/careers/
This role will provide a "one stop shopping” resource for the tenants and clients of Communitech at the Communitech Data Hub location. Reporting to the Director, Strategic Initiatives, the successful candidate will be highly accessible, working from main reception desk at the Data Hub and will be supported by the Operations team for facility and reception back up when necessary.
- Provide a concierge level service for all Data Hub clients (with a focus on Data Hub tenants), connecting them to Strategic Initiatives Team resources, events and programming
- Provide administrative support to the Vice President, Strategic Initiatives
- Provide support for Data Hub Sessions and Data Hub Workshops, i.e. monitor registration and order food, rearrange room configuration, check-in registered guests, work with Marketing to update pre-event scroll as required
- Provide support for the information displays and interactive workstations at the Data Hub, including the Data Hub tenants power point directory and polaroid headshot bulletin board
- Respond quickly and effectively to visitor and tenant needs or inquiries (occasional assistance with photocopier issues, delivering mail, etc.) exercising excellent customer service and problem solving skills.
- Greet visitors following appropriate security sign-in visitor badge processes
- Act as a liaison between the Data Hub facility and the operations team (facilities, reception and tenancy)
- Work with the Tenancy Coordinator for onboarding of new Data Hub tenants as well as approved CENGN/ENCQOR funded/unfunded project companies
- Provide monthly Data Hub public tours and make updates to Data Hub tour script as required
- Provide support for Data Hub tenant lunches and other ecosystem building events as required
- Join and participate in the Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC) as the SI team/Data Hub representative
- Engage the Data Hub with community events as appropriate and act as the liaison with other community organizations such as the Waterloo BIA
- Support and involvement in other Communitech events as required
- Other duties as assigned. All duties subject to change
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Solid team player with great communication skills
- Passionate about providing outstanding customer service
- Proven relationship building skills
- Ability to multi-task and organize activities against constantly changing priorities
- You’ve got an eye for detail and a high degree of accuracy
- You see a need and take steps to fill that need without being asked
- You are proactive and seek to solve problems before they arise
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants in advance; however only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications will be kept confidential. Communitech is a diverse and inclusive environment and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, including aboriginal persons, francophones, members of sexual minority groups, persons with disabilities, visible minorities and women. We will provide any requested accommodation to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.