The Upper Grand District School Board invites qualified applicants for this full-time permanent position. Working as part of the IT Team, the IT Support Technician provides support for the administrative and academic needs of the Board by executing the IT Plan to promote Student Success and Learning.
LOCATION: Guelph Board Office
SALARY RANGE: $24.95 to $31.18 per hour
ADDITIONAL INFO: OMERS Pension plan; group benefits; vacation; wellness plan; holidays
HOURS: 35 hours per week
- Provides hardware and software support to classroom, library and administrative computer systems in the Upper Grand District School Board
- Maintains UGDSB servers and their associated operating systems and software
- Installs, images, configures, tests, maintains, monitors and troubleshoots end-user devices, application software, networked peripheral devices, AV equipment and network cabling/hardware/software
- Travels to schools to perform his/her duties and participates on the Help Desk on a rotating basis
- Helps to develop and document IT best practices and processes using the UGsupport (TopDesk) Service Management software
- Learn and adhere to IT Service Management processes and procedures. Track 100% of all issues and requests, 100% of all scheduled and proactive work and document 100% of all workloads, processes and procedures.
- Additional hours may be required beyond the regular scheduled hours
- Other duties as assigned at any school board location or Board office
- A University Degree, College Diploma or significant IT technical support experience
- Minimum of one (1) year IT experience supporting clients in person and by phone (can included CO-OP)
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills to support positive, courteous and friendly interactions with customers, colleagues and other technical staff
- Customer service and Quality/Continuous Improvement training and experiences would be an asset
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP), A+, Network+, GAFE/Google G-Suite certifications preferred
- Experience in the delivery and management of Microsoft Active Directory and other databases
- Microsoft SCCM deployment tools and PowerShell Scripting skills would be an asset
- Working technical knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Mac OS, Chromium, iOS, and Android operating systems
- Familiarity with Dell Servers, Desktops, Laptops and Chromebooks preferred
- Working technical knowledge of network cabling, switches, protocols and standards
- A valid driver’s licence and access to a reliable vehicle is required
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates are invited to email their cover letter and resume in PDF format to email@example.com, specifying ‘Job Code 19OCT45’ in the subject line, no later than 4:00 p.m. on Thursday June 27, 2019. Please include with your resume a list of professional references and relevant supporting educational and/or training documentation.
(Board Information: FT; permanent; 1.0FTE; 35 hours/week; OCT Union; 12 month position)
Successful external candidates will be required to provide an original Criminal Record Check, including a Vulnerable Sector Screening, prior to the commencement of employment. Please note that the CRC must be dated within 6 months of the date of acceptance of employment.
While we thank all applicants for their interest in working for the Upper Grand District School Board, we wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodations are available during all phases of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance to the Manager of Wellness and Employee Health.
For more information and other employment opportunities available, please visit our website at: www.ugdsb.ca.
… Equal Opportunity Employer …